Discuss Tiling of Bathroom - rough estimate in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

s2ook

Hi,

I've recently started to refit the bathroom and we're now at the point where we need to tile.

The tiles will cover both the floor and walls

I've fitted a 25mm ply floor secured every 150mm with noggins to support the joins between the ply and edges. I have also sealed using Bal Bond SBR

The floor space measures <4sqm and the tiles (already purchased) measure 0.33sqm

The walls will be tiled in black for the first meter followed by a border tile and white for the top part. I have purchased these tiles also which measure 33.1cm x 24.8cm. The border measures 24.8 x 4cm. The total size is ~18sqm

I had a quote today from a local tiler at ***

This includes adhesive grout and edging in addition to labour (which he states will take 5 days).

Does this sound like a reasonable quote?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

s2ook

In terms of prep work the walls have been replastered where the old tiles were removed and the floor has been sealed.

I'm not sure if there's anything else I can do to help prepare the walls or floor?

I had a discussion with the plumber who came down who said it shouldn't take much more than 2 days to complete so I don't think it's particularly complicated

It's just 4 walls, a window and a floating partition behind which sits the frame for the wall hung toilet with 5 holes which need to be cut. There's also a waste outlet for the freestanding shower but other than that everything should be straight forward.

R

Rich

I really dont think you can be sure until you get another few prices, to be honest most plumbers will say things like this. I might take a week to tile a bathroom because I will do it properly where as you will always be able to find some guy that will slap it up in a day and not care if it stays there. Or he might not be very experience or he could be trying to make as much money out of you as possible.

Like I say, get another couple of prices. Even if it is just for peace of mind.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling of Bathroom - rough estimate in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am in need of a pack of a cream/beige tile that I purchased from 'Topps Tiles' approx 10-12...
Replies
Views
Martin Rayner
M
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hiya all, I'm a DIY gal on first bathroom. Wondered if you could check out my plans and let me...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB