Discuss Tiling on Thistle Bonding in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Hello, Did you use the "green grit based" Thistle bond product or a similiar bonding product as some of the replies lean towards you having used basic bonding.

The Thistle bond i know is anything but "smooth" as it purpose is to offer a "key" to the job.

Bond it is a pva based primer for use before over skimming, thistle bonding is a backing plaster, which i presume the thread starter is on about

A

Anto Holland

Hello again

So I finished the job. Window wall was bonded as well as above the cooker. Bonding in purple bag. Primed the bonded bits over and over around 4-5 times until I started to see it taking.

I went back to grout and the tiles are stuck like a fly to sticky stuff.

Won't be doing it again but the job cans out flat, solid and customer happy.

It was 2 tiles high all around with very light weight cheap tiles.

Anyway my dog is really old and I'm worried about him

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Anto Holland

Been there with my Lab Buddy. Still hurts like hell and it's been 6 years. Gonna get another dog after Christmas when my house is finished, quite excited really.
I feel for you but make your decision for him sake and not your own.

I know mate cheers. First and last dog this, no other dog will replace this one. Been there in my darkest times with me, such a character and never ever gone for anyone.

Absolutely destroying me seeing him slip down a slope compared to how he used to be.

Ups and downs at the moment. Back legs have just gone on him and kidneys but still eats and drinks and tale waggles. He's grunting allot tho now when trying to sleep.

He's on painkillers and stuff for kidneys.

I just don't know when is the best time. What if he's ok in his mind and I'm putting him to sleep. That's the last thing he will think of me before he goes [emoji22]

I know it's not tiling but it's just what's been happening plus I'm working allot recently.

He does urinate all the time now due to kidneys but doesn't have a number 2. He still goes outside for that when he needs to. It's just he doesn't wana get up anymore coz of legs.

Advice maybe ?

Thanks

A

Anto Holland

Anto, it's time for the mercy shot fella. Been there myself a few times over the years and each time hurts as much as the last but you'd be doing him a mis-service if you allow him to suffer.

I know yeh. First day off ill sort it out.

I'm gona have to clean my whole house and stuff (dog hairs, bowls) etc... First. Gona be absolutely horrible this is [emoji22]

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling on Thistle Bonding in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Need some help please with calculating levels and the build up of the floor to support tiling...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB