Discuss Tiling stairs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mcluma

Wel actually its not a stair, but a large porch area, with two platforms. so two steps to get to the front door.

total area arround 10m2

so in this area i have two exposed edges at the front of the step, the tile is 600 by 300 imitation black slate 6mm thick

question, i can make the tile flush with the front (so first a tile against the back of the upstand), then the next tile on top, flush with the front, or, i could use a aluminium tiling edge at the front, however it needs to be black, and i have the feeling that the aluminium tiling edgeto be less strong then the tile itself

the tile is a class 5 type, the tiling subfloor is concrete

What would you do? tiling with or without the aluminium tiling edge

M

Mcluma

Had a look around, and to be honest there are not many companies that supply these stair tile nosing profiles

I looked at the Dural, but don’t like them that much

I have had a quote from CTD and from The Tile Experience, not much of a difference in price around the £28, - ex vat for the TREP S for a length of 2.5m, although The Tile Experience can deliver within 3 days, even if it has to come from Germany, without delivery charge

I need around the 8 meter

Reply to Tiling stairs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling stairs
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks