Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Standards (BS 5385) | British Wall and Floor Tiling Standards - IN FULL in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Marvo

I wasn't intending to cause a riot and I'll delete them anyway when I've finished skimming through them because apart from a passing interest I'm never going to use them.

.....those who need it pay thousands, those who don't get it for free.

They don't officially give it away for free, I just went and found somewhere on the internet that does. Anyone can do the same, only difference is it's not illegal where I am.

I pay the full subscription price for my ISO standards we use day to day at work.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
They're a part of your business so you're using them for profit. I'm assuming Marvo would need to pay if it was his trade?

Ofset the cost against your tax bill and claim the vat back too if you're vat registered. Makes them cheaper.

J

J Sid

The British Standard documents should be freely available as much for the customer as the tradesman.

If the customer was able to view it they would know exactly what service, substrate prep, fix method and material use to expect for there chosen tradesmen.

If it was freely available to all tradesmen surely the level of workmanship would improve. All tradesmen would be pricing to do the job the same with regards to prep, materials, method.
Or am I missing something?

Is there a British Standard 'kite mark' a small trader can get to say that they are certified to work to and follow all the BS for there trade?
I know the TTA try to give customers peace of mind by saying there members work to a certain standard. But there are so many trade bodies out there the customers don't know the good from the bad. But all know and respect the BS kite mark.

So, I believe the British Standard should be free to view to all and a kite mark should be available to those tradesmen whose have passed an exam and are periodically inspected to say that there work conforms to said standard.

My god, I have sort out our industry.

Reply to Tiling Standards (BS 5385) | British Wall and Floor Tiling Standards - IN FULL in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen