UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss tiling story in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You shouldn't time out. That's a cookie issue. Log into the forum, and then click log out (which erases your forum cookie from your internet browser) then log back in and make sure you check the "remember me" button.

Also, if you navigate from a thread you are replying to, or a new thread you are creating, you should be able to navigate back to it and reload the autosave by clicking a link that appears in the bottom left hand corner of the text area. This is a feature of the forum that rarely gets used by anybody but me it seems!

You'll see as you're typing a reply that every 15 seconds or so, in the bottom right hand corner of the text area, a little yellow notice appears with the words "auto saved" and then it disappears again.

This feature might not apply to old internet browsers though mind.

M

Mike Mike

You shouldn't time out. That's a cookie issue. Log into the forum, and then click log out (which erases your forum cookie from your internet browser) then log back in and make sure you check the "remember me" button.

Also, if you navigate from a thread you are replying to, or a new thread you are creating, you should be able to navigate back to it and reload the autosave by clicking a link that appears in the bottom left hand corner of the text area. This is a feature of the forum that rarely gets used by anybody but me it seems!

You'll see as you're typing a reply that every 15 seconds or so, in the bottom right hand corner of the text area, a little yellow notice appears with the words "auto saved" and then it disappears again.

This feature might not apply to old internet browsers though mind.

I'm no Luddite, but am new to all this forum lark. I find navigating around this forum to be outrageously complicated. As a result, I tend to just surf the "search new posts" bit, and no doubt miss out on all sorts.

I've seen this exact same forum software on other stuff that Her Indoors uses. So unless you're billionaire it's fair to assume you didn't code this yourself, and hopefully won't be offended by me saying that it's STUPIDLY OVER-COMPLICATED TO NAVIGATE AROUND THIS, AND ALL OTHER, FORUMS, LOL...
:8:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It is the most popular forum software used and you're right I didn't make it. Though the makers aren't even billionaires. There is no point me spending even a day trying to make similar software (it actually takes thousands of developers years to create) as it just wouldn't evolve as quick as this does. Every month there is a major update adding new features and fixing bugs.

The face it's complicated to browse though might be down to how old the forum is. Our much new Amarok Forum | VW Amarok | International and Australian Amarok | Aus Amarok Forum | 4x4 Amarok | Volkswagen Amarok Startline, Trendline, Highline or Extreme Sports Forum websites are much easier to navigate just due to the categories being clear to understand. tilersforums.com however has had umpteen categories add, moved and removed over the years and short of reorganising the whole forum and it's threads (which has recently been talked about to be honest) there's not much we can do.

Basically though if you're on the forum homepage, you'll find the most used forums at the top of the list. Click into any of those, and you find the list of threads related to that forum category. In most cases you could ignore the bottom half of the forum homepage as they're forums not used so much so have been shifted to there.

M

Mike Mike

It is the most popular forum software used and you're right I didn't make it. Though the makers aren't even billionaires. There is no point me spending even a day trying to make similar software (it actually takes thousands of developers years to create) as it just wouldn't evolve as quick as this does. Every month there is a major update adding new features and fixing bugs.

The face it's complicated to browse though might be down to how old the forum is. Our much new Amarok Forum | VW Amarok | International and Australian Amarok | Aus Amarok Forum | 4x4 Amarok | Volkswagen Amarok Startline, Trendline, Highline or Extreme Sports Forum websites are much easier to navigate just due to the categories being clear to understand. tilersforums.com however has had umpteen categories add, moved and removed over the years and short of reorganising the whole forum and it's threads (which has recently been talked about to be honest) there's not much we can do.

Basically though if you're on the forum homepage, you'll find the most used forums at the top of the list. Click into any of those, and you find the list of threads related to that forum category. In most cases you could ignore the bottom half of the forum homepage as they're forums not used so much so have been shifted to there.

Thanks for your reply Dan. To be honest, I think the concept of the software never envisaged such high volumes of posts and almost real-time responses. It just can't cope. Every time I log into my email it says "126 new messages". And each one is a notification that something has happened to a thread I have once responded to. And each one opens a new window, and requires me to log in.

At a minimum I'd prefer that to take place on my Forum Inbox, not my real email, which is just totally cluttered every day with Tilers Forum stuff.

But at some point maybe they will need to create some sort of real-time exchange platform, like a Chat, linked to Threads...

Reply to tiling story in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I wonder if anyone has of the attached tiles I could buy from them or something that is a...
Replies
Views
Lilygrace
L
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi all. This isn’t a sob story, just an unfortunate truth I have stretched myself to in inch...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
UK Tiling Forum Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum. Here at TilersForums.com we have hosted a place...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.