UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss tiling story in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
My anticipation for this story is immense!!

On the subject of the forum, i think it works pretty well. It's impossible to get a forum to run 100% in real time, because you have users, all of which are located all over the word, you have latency to take into consideration, pings, hops, etc.
I've worked on forums for years, this one works very well.

Mike, there are options in your account settings that will stop your email getting clogged up.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Thanks for your reply Dan. To be honest, I think the concept of the software never envisaged such high volumes of posts and almost real-time responses. It just can't cope. Every time I log into my email it says "126 new messages". And each one is a notification that something has happened to a thread I have once responded to. And each one opens a new window, and requires me to log in.

At a minimum I'd prefer that to take place on my Forum Inbox, not my real email, which is just totally cluttered every day with Tilers Forum stuff.

But at some point maybe they will need to create some sort of real-time exchange platform, like a Chat, linked to Threads...

Go through these options here mate: http://www.tilersforums.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling story in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I wonder if anyone has of the attached tiles I could buy from them or something that is a...
Replies
Views
Lilygrace
L
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi all. This isn’t a sob story, just an unfortunate truth I have stretched myself to in inch...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
UK Tiling Forum Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum. Here at TilersForums.com we have hosted a place...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.