Discuss Tiling Supplies in SW Edinburgh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

on the rivet

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum and tiling so not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but it seems to be the busiest area and most likely to get a response.

I'm just setting up as a tiler and was looking for recommendations as to the best places to buy tiles and supplies such as grout, adhesive, etc in South West Edinburgh, that would give a good trade discount. Also if you could clarify what I would need to provide to qualify for trade discount.

There seems to be a lot of tiling shops in East Edinburgh but I'd prefer not to have to go right across the city.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
welcome rivet, as you say most are on the esat side,topps and collinsons are at sighthill and murrayfield

i would open accounts in all of them,introduce yourself to the staff as well as every diff shop has a diff product to offer

i have yet to find 1 supplier that has everything i need so dont put all your eggs in one basket mate and shop around,try diff products you wills oon learn what you like and what you dont

ctd,tile giant,collinsons,topps,ctw and tile star open accs in all of them good luck

T

tfs

In most cases all you need is some business cards or headed paper to prove that you are in trading. Some places may ask to see a business pay in book etc.

As said previously dont put all your eggs in one basket however, I would try to establish a good working relationship with at least onEof the retailers e.g. send customers in, drop in frequantly (even if you just buy small bag of grout or trim) and try to angage in some banter etc. Retailers like to see you in frequantly, it ensures that you are remebered and thought of if any cards are handed out. When you go in to a shop try and let them that you know what you are talking about and buy the right products for whatever job you are doing this will give them peice of mind in giveing out your card. Ask to leave some cards behind the desk. If you can get a product elsewhere cheaper then tell them but, try to come across the right way when doing this as staff can get stroppy. Ask if the price is the best that they can do, if they reply with a yes ask if you will get it cheaper with a bulk purchase (this can be handy on products that you use on most jobs) another option is to try and get a price match if another retailer is selling the same product cheaper.

*Be proffessional and friendly - they will hopefully act the same way
*Show your face by dropping in frequantly - this projects loyalty to the retailer
*Send customers in to their shop - they hand your cards out

When dealing with tile shops it is a two way relationship, work hard at developing a good working relationship. In my experience tile shops dont just give you the best price, you need to earn it. They do however need to give you good service! If there service stinks, let them know that the service is falling short of you expectations (speak to management) and if all fails, take you your business elsewhere.

So to cut a long story short, ESTABLISH A GOOD WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR SUPPLIERS!

Reply to Tiling Supplies in SW Edinburgh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Hi, hope this is in the right place as I’m not a regular user of forums. I run a mastic company...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm new to the forum but have read many posts over the past year as I have created and...
Replies
Views
A
Hi everyone. Apologies in advance if this post is a little long winded. Couple of years ago, a...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling Supplies in SW Edinburgh
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.