Discuss tips on fixing 1200 x 1200 floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

hi.....i have fixed 1200 x 600...900 x 400..800 x 800............all with no real issues apart from sore back...........now have a job 1200 x 1200 porcelain,am in two minds whether to do it as am concerned about acheiving a good bond ,how i can physically put enough pressure on tile to bed properly and also the difficulty in lifting tiles if any height adjustment needed............any tips would be appreciated by fixers who have ifxed this size tile....have quoted £60-m2 ..this too low...its about 80-m2...cutting them not really an issue ....quick response appreciated...cheers paul

B

bugs183

Hi Paul.
Now many here disagree, as people think they are DIY,but go to tradetiler and look at Lash clips. These really really work especially on large format jobs like this. If the floor is well prepared and you have a good bed of adhesive, which you will need anyway with these (at least a 10mm notched trowel and back skim the tiles. Work on 4/6 clips per tile and you will have a lovely floor.
I'll now wait for the you don't need them replies off everyone!!

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Paul, you will need a tilers mate. i.e. a helper. Would LASH clips be too small? Have you tried the Raymondi ones (they are massive). Also, you will need good suction cups. I have used LASH clips, but only the wedges which I put under tiles if they need height adjustment. I use a sharp knife to cut the wedge.

hey bugs....i was a doubter too on the lashclips ...but they do seem to work pretty well.....cant really see me using them on 600s ...but we will see.........anyways the 1200s are going down okay...started today and with setting out time (and fact i decided to do job on daywork) we laid prolly 18m2 ....so okay i guess ....dont really want to do too much ...as the builder is getting a bargain as it is....cheers bugs

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tips on fixing 1200 x 1200 floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
hello Folks, its a tiny area. 1.8 m2. Joists are solid 3 inch wide. Area is upstairs close to...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how I can get hold of some discontinued Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I’ve just taken on a large refurbishment of a property. Ive taken the job on from a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB