Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss To Grout Or Not To Grout? Topps Tiles Encaustic in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
hemel hempstead
Hi guys,

Installed some encaustic looking tiles from Topps today, 45x45 with a pre scored grout joint in the middle to make them look like genuine encaustic. Question is, do I grout this joint as it seems a little shallow to me (also they are 2mm so had to make my joints 2mm but can't see how they get away with that according to BBS, they expect the fitter to make bigger joints? would look awful!) and concerned that the grout will not hold/wash out when sponging off but the customer wants grey and these pre scored joints are red clay colour. For the record, they were a bit of a nightmare as poorly sized and the scored joints do not match up very well but managed to make it look good as we do :handok::thumbsup:

this is the link to them FS Salisbury Tile | Topps Tiles hopefully some of you have had experience of these before. Will add some photos as soon as I have managed to sort out my poxy iPhone!

Many thanks, John. J.M.C Tiling

T

Tile Shop

Job completed today, I did grout the pre-scored lines as it would have looked awful otherwise and actually was quite easy with the fine joint grout, just concerned me how shallow the score is. I think they look good but wasn't too impressed with the colaberation and some the the pre-scored lines being a fair way out considering the price but managed to work some magic and get it looking tidy.:tonguewink: And for the record, I didn't supply these tiles, the customer chose them from Topps. I'm not a big fan of Topps myseld to be far.

Scored tiles are a pain. Very rare that you get ones that are 100% perfect. But with the fiddling you've done to line them up, I have to say that looks pretty stunning. I'd have them myself.

Good Job :)

Reply to To Grout Or Not To Grout? Topps Tiles Encaustic in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hello. I am new to all this so apologies if I have posted in the wrong area. My bathroom is...
Replies
Views
Last Dec tiled a small conservatory (13m) with 600mm porcelain tiles. Prior to tiling another...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
We hired someone to do a small outside patio using porcelain tiles. They finished the job whilst...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 900 x 900 shower enclosure that was showing some dampness through the grout joints...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

JMC tiling

Arms
TF
hemel hempstead

Thread Information

Title
To Grout Or Not To Grout? Topps Tiles Encaustic
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond