Discuss To take a job or walk away in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

alib103

Went out today to quote on a job. The guy had got recommended my name from a builder i'd done some work for so feel obliged to do it, trouble is it looks a nightmare.
The customer has done a fair bit themselves but left all the cuts in corners, top and bottom and boxing in for me to do. Looks like there will be a number of slither cuts due to the way he has set it out and 1 wall runs out quite a way and looks like probably need plaster boarded to make good, but this then causes issues with a cupbaord that is in there.
I reckon there is a day and a half of work but it'll be a pain in the ar*e and the result might not be great.
I'm just after a bit of advice on whether you guys would take it or walk away? I think i under quoted too :mad2:

Reply to To take a job or walk away in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
To take a job or walk away
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks