Discuss To take a job or walk away in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

Mike, you are thinking the same thing as me. It looked like he had done a lot of tiling but probably only 5/6 cuts in the entire bathroom, he centered every wall eventhough he'd be left with slither cuts and the number of little ledges etc mean finishing off will mean a lot of cutting. He says he doesn't have time to do the rest but i think he's tried and realises its a pain in the ar** and can't be bothered to do the rest. I'm going to pass on it as its just going to be a tricky job and a lot of work for not much cash!
as i'm sure most people on here will agree, i don't blame you

Just a thought, and I don't want to stir up a hornets nest but I'd like to offer an alternative view. . . .

As I'm sure we'd all admit, fixing the field tiles is the most straight forward part of any job. Its the detail work, the holes, the cuts, the finishing that set us apart from the DIYer and as a result these are reflected in our pricing.

If it was me I would probably explain this to the potential customer, politely point out any necessary remedial work, maybe offer some options and my price would reflect the full extent of the work involved.

I would then leave the customer to have a think about it, that way I'm not turning the work down but I'm also safe guarding my reputation.

Reply to To take a job or walk away in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
To take a job or walk away
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.