Discuss To take a job or walk away in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Tell them you are too busy and recommend another tiler in your area. Then he will do it and get a bad name in the area for rubbish tiling...And you get more decent jobs....

:yikes: bad karma....
devil3.gif

M

Mike

In an ideal world no one would touch a job started by another 'tiler' and the views expressed here are ones I'd follow - however - by helping out this customer and completing the work you may well get further recommendations for your competitive pricing, amiable attitude and helpful nature! There is more to a reputation then being a good tradesman.
this job is not finishing off after a dodgy tiler it's finishing for a lazy/incompetent customer. i've helped many customers after they've been let down or had a job bodged by a 'tiler' but i've never had a job offered like this. the more i think of it the more of a cheeky git he is!

T

Time's Ran Out

this job is not finishing off after a dodgy tiler it's finishing for a lazy/incompetent customer. i've helped many customers after they've been let down or had a job bodged by a 'tiler' but i've never had a job offered like this. the more i think of it the more of a cheeky git he is!

Mike as you have decided to quote my post in your reply I assume that your comment is in direct response to my view of the thread.
Unless I'am not reading the original post correctly there is no mention as to the reason or competance of the customer for not completing the work and the Forum member has been recommended to undertake a potential contract.
The customer just wants his job completed and may be prepared to pay one and a half days labour to have it done.
Many years ago I had a similar situation for a divorced lady who's husband left her before he completed the kitchen wall tiling. I have done 3 jobs for her over the last 30 years so from experience you make your own choices.

M

Mike

what i meant john was your post sounded as though you thought this customer has been let down by the tiler whereas it's the same person. not the usual scenario we hear about on here far too often. i wasn't having a go at your post, just trying to clarify the facts to which i now know you already knew , but it does sound like the customer is too lazy/incompetent to finish the job i.m.o.

A

alib103

Mike, you are thinking the same thing as me. It looked like he had done a lot of tiling but probably only 5/6 cuts in the entire bathroom, he centered every wall eventhough he'd be left with slither cuts and the number of little ledges etc mean finishing off will mean a lot of cutting. He says he doesn't have time to do the rest but i think he's tried and realises its a pain in the ar** and can't be bothered to do the rest. I'm going to pass on it as its just going to be a tricky job and a lot of work for not much cash!

Reply to To take a job or walk away in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
To take a job or walk away
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.