Discuss Took The Plunge. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

StevieBoy

Well if u've already bought it, the question is a little irrelevant, is it not!
Doesn't matter what I think!
U can come to your own conclusions.
I like them, u may not!
It's a subjective topic!
I think you may need to read the first post again and slowly.

Yes, I have bought the blade - but I was just after some feedback from others, not specifically you, as to the performance of it, is it good on some materials and not others, etc. - so I'd say the question is quite relevant really.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
You can find DNA blades for Tile Cutters at a very reasonable price from TradeTiler.com

180mm to 350mm - Links below.

Montolit DNA Blades
DNA represents the most important innovation and a genuine technological revolution in the field of diamond tools, since the introduction of laser welding in 1980

The diamonds are precisely arranged in individual positions around the circumference of the wheel. Even the orientation of the diamond grains is controlled!

The result is a blade that effortlessly cuts with minimal chipping on a wide range of materials with amazing speed and durability

Suitable for:
  • Fantastic on porcelain!
  • Quartzite
  • Limestone
  • Ceramic Tiles
  • Terracotta
  • Marble
  • Travertine
  • Granite
Wet cut only

Yes they are expensive - But you get what you pay for!
We have A LOT of forum threads on these blades. They're really good blades. Many say the best you can get. Cut through tough porcelain like a hot knife through butter.

Here are about 20 threads on the subject. You'll see comparisons between the Montolit DNA Blades and other blades. And you'll see people favouring them, and perhaps favouring others, so you can get a good gauge on what they're able to cut and what other blades are similar etc.

1. dewalt standard blade v montolit dna blade
  2. dna blade
  3. DNA montolit blade
  4. dna blade size
  5. amazing montolit dna tile cutting blade
  6. looking forward to my DNA Montolit blade
  7. Need a new diamond blade
  8. new blade
  9. Best Porcelain Blade for a DeWalt?
  10. which diamond blade?
  11. Montolit DNA Blades NEW at Trade tiler.
  12. montolit discs
  13. need a new blade
  14. Which Blade is best?
  15. What blades do you use for your cutters?
  16. Best wet cut blade?
  17. Comparision tests
  18. Montolit DNA ??
  19. marcrist porcelain blades
Have a good read about the blades, it's competitors blades, and make your own mind up. But the DNA's will not let you down.

........Yes, I have bought the blade - but I was just after some feedback from others, not specifically you, as to the performance of it, is it good on some materials and not others, etc........

Quite a bit of "feedback" on the above quoted post by Dan

S

StevieBoy

Just a bit of an update on this one, I have now been using the blade on and off over the last few days, and to be honest at first I was disappointed.

I should point out that I am using this blade in a tabletop wet cutter and not a radial saw. Anyhow the first tile I used it on was a ceramic floor tile and to say it chipped them was a bit of an understatement.
Same happened on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tile etc so I took it off, and gave up with it.

I thought it may needed bedding in a bit with it being new, but 10 tiles + seemed a little excessive.

I then had to tile a room with some rock hard Porcelain tiles, that even my Rubi Tx900 N has struggled with, yeah yeah I know sigmas are better blah blah blah lol.

Anyhow, I put this new Montolit DNA blade back in, topped up to make sure there was plenty of water and I would say I'm 95% happy with the result.
It cuts very well indeed, so now I'm thinking it may be bedded in now after all.

Long and short is, if you can afford one - get one

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Took The Plunge. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am looking at wet saws and only a DIY here but got a few odd shapes to cut. What would...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB