Discuss Took The Plunge. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

StevieBoy

Just a bit of an update on this one, I have now been using the blade on and off over the last few days, and to be honest at first I was disappointed.

I should point out that I am using this blade in a tabletop wet cutter and not a radial saw. Anyhow the first tile I used it on was a ceramic floor tile and to say it chipped them was a bit of an understatement.
Same happened on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tile etc so I took it off, and gave up with it.

I thought it may needed bedding in a bit with it being new, but 10 tiles + seemed a little excessive.

I then had to tile a room with some rock hard Porcelain tiles, that even my Rubi Tx900 N has struggled with, yeah yeah I know sigmas are better blah blah blah lol.

Anyhow, I put this new Montolit DNA blade back in, topped up to make sure there was plenty of water and I would say I'm 95% happy with the result.
It cuts very well indeed, so now I'm thinking it may be bedded in now after all.

Long and short is, if you can afford one - get one

Reply to Took The Plunge. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am looking at wet saws and only a DIY here but got a few odd shapes to cut. What would...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, After some advice. I don't do loads of tiling but do a few bathrooms here and there...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Took The Plunge.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond