Discuss top tips on grouting techniques in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dvinchik

Hello
We're putting down our first tiling job - a slate floor in our kitchen. I've had some top advice from people on the forum for the adhesive and laying of tiles - thank you:hurray:, but it's all been once i'd made mistakes that i needed to correct. So in advance - can anyone tell us the pitfalls to avoid when putting grout in?
We're using Kirkstone green grout to go with the green slate tiles, which have a 5mm grout gap.
So far we've got a grout float 220x100.
Is there anything else we need?
I've seen other threads mention using a plastic bag like an icing bag nozzle - is this worth doing to apply the grout?
Can anyone recommend a website with top tips on?
thanks in advance,
Sandra

Reply to top tips on grouting techniques in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a new porcelain patio installed several months ago, and we have been struggling ever since...
Replies
Views
Hiya. DIY idiot here. We've installed some nice new tiles on our floor. We then grouted with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've currently got builders in redoing our bathroom and we bought our tiles from...
Replies
Views
Hi all - had a bit of a nightmare tiling our bathroom. We prioritised getting a full tile...
Replies
Views
We've just had our new tiles fitted and grouted, but they have some nasty grout residue on the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
top tips on grouting techniques
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.