Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps it all!!! in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fred

I got a call from my local Topps manager this morning. A couple ( South African) had come into the shop and needed a recommended tiler to lay 20m2 of natural stone in two adjoining rooms, both plyed out with UFH wires in place yesterday by an elecrician, not covered with SLC etc.

So, I was asked how much per m2 I would charge, all materials already bought via the place on the net they got the stone, I said £35 m2.............he told them, I couldn't get over it, they were ranting and raving.......£35.we can get it done for £20 m2 0r even £120 a day.........

Then I was asked how long.......three days I said.........what three days, we want it done by thursday evening..............

Then I was asked, if you just lay them and they do all the sealing and grouting etc would you do it all in for £150............

I told the manager that he should know better to ring ANY tiler with prices like that..................:mad2:

C

CBTC

Re post 13; haha yes Rob, its true. Not much anyone can do sometimes, although I try making a case (where it seems to be worth it) trying to compare completely different items or scenarios in typical lives where they might relate it to tile work / quality / value etc. Sometimes the penny drops with them...(or cent even)
And Verona, as for the 'I know about building and costs' ones... yes - its then that the warning bell goes off!

Reply to Topps it all!!! in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hey so I have recently bought a new build house and wanted my floors tiled, I bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps it all!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond