Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps Kamber tiles advice pls in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

I have a 153m2 job coming up and have a price from Topps for their Chinese porcelain Kamber tiles @£6.72 each.
So, any anybody floor laid any great amounts of these?
Are they good and square enough for 2mm gaps?
Do they cut OK, my current saw is a Husky flat table with genuine blade, I'm not sure it's going to be big enough for 600 porcelain?

Kamber™ 60x60 Tile | Topps Tiles - http://www.**********.co.uk/tprod46947/kamber-60x60-tile.html

I’ve did 70 square metres of them last year, easy enough cut with Sigma manual and grinder with decent diamond blade on. I gave them 3mm joints and had no problem with size. But as @macten said they are covered in greasy transit wax and need a really good clean. After grouting I sealed them as they did not feel as tho they were presealed. Not a bad tile to work with tho. Only advice I would give is spend your time on the prep for a straight forward install.
Cheers Callatiler, sounds like they would be a good choice for me.

Cheers Callatiler, sounds like they would be a good choice for me.
Thinking about prep I'm having a pumped screed on the ground floor and the company laying it told me there is in effect a crust left on top when it drys that has to be removed.
He said its easily removed with one of those stiff broom things at 48 hours after pouring.
Sealing with a suitable primer when done of course.
Anybody do it that way?

G

GoneGuy

Thinking about prep I'm having a pumped screed on the ground floor and the company laying it told me there is in effect a crust left on top when it drys that has to be removed.
He said its easily removed with one of those stiff broom things at 48 hours after pouring.
Sealing with a suitable primer when done of course.
Anybody do it that way?
Anhydrite screed?

Reply to Topps Kamber tiles advice pls in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
anyone laid these? Opinions? Kamber™ 60x60 Tile | Topps Tiles -...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Hi First time using the schluter shower lt. (Linear drain down the center) The shower is 36"...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
  • Question
Hi guys, Installed some encaustic looking tiles from Topps today, 45x45 with a pre scored grout...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Barnstaple

Thread Information

Title
Topps Kamber tiles advice pls
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond