Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps not selling Bal products in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

H

Highlander

Topps own gear is Palace re branded. I used to buy the Palace gear from Topps but then they stopped stocking it as it was rebranded as their own. Have used a fair bit of Palace in my time and never had any problems with it. I have used the Topps two part which is Palace used to buy it at £18.50 all in now I get the Topps stuff £22.00 and comes in its own nice bucket. Have laid loads of floors with this and never had any come back.

Never heard about Topps dropping ball they have however dropped their Bal prices on gear and are quiet cheap compared to some of the local suppliers so will be interesting when CTD come to Inverness see if we can get nice prices what you think Grumpy :thumbsup:

Highlander

B

brian c

Today i was on a job and ran out of adhesive,i was nowhere near my normal supplier so i jumped into topps ,they didnt have any topps adhesive at all only BAL,IT WAS EVERYWHERE BAGGED ADHESIVE AND LOTS OF GREEN STAR AND GRIP ADHESIVE...i mentioned that it was strange they had no other products except Bal and i did ask why they didnt have topps own brand but he said they were waiting on it coming in...Rutherglen Branch it was in Glasgow.The price of the BAL Grip was £16.95 TRADE,as i dont normally buy this ,i was wondering what you guys think of this price?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I tried to get my heating into Topps once, they wanted free phone numbers, they wanted to deal with NO problems, they wanted in-house training (with such a high staff turnover that's out of the question really) and no wonder BAL can't find the time to entertain their demands (my words, not BAL or Topps there!). Though I do know BAL do work with Topps training still a bit. And certainly support to any customer is support. And BAL do good support alright.

But CTD have been having trade days with LOADS of firms in, which is a big bonus, they get traders hitting the stores - and learning about all the right gear - and it's win:win:win. Topps have done it - but as we can see - they have their new way to deal with the trade (almost kick them out of the store and give the work to their "approved" tilers?) so I'm not knocking topps there, as CTD are getting the benefit - and I think BAL will like that also.

Read into that however. I think Topps may be putting the frightners out, perhaps it's near 'kick-back' time where BAL have to get their cheque book out maybe?

Reply to Topps not selling Bal products in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

10 minutes ago Add bookmark #1 Which mapei adhesive ( it's convenient for me to buy this...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
T
I currently have several ongoing customer issues that I am investigating where ceramic tiles are...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
B
  • Question
The wife wants to renew kitchen wall and floor tiles and we have been looking for a few weeks...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Been using Topps flexi rapid set for my floor tiling, however just recently had a few problems...
Replies
Views
ECOTEC
E

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps not selling Bal products
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond