Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps Tiles in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

D

DJT75

Hi

I've done a few searches & read up a few threads on Topps Tiles but they're fairly old so thought I'd ask the question again.

Anyone currently use Topps? Unfortunately they are the only large distributor around me other than a couple of independents so for my first trade account I had little choice. Anyway, I have my trade card (there is a fool proof way of obtaining it quickly) & the discounts on materials is pretty damn good (50%-75% off BAL shelf price). But am I likely to match those sort of prices elsewhere? The 2 independents near me stock Ultra, is it likely I'd get the equivilent of 15kg tub Green Star for under £6?

& what are Topps discounts like on tiles or does it increase the more you buy?

ps. Green Star doesn't appear to have a great reputation around here but it's BAL so it must be pretty decent? The only tub I've used so far is Nicobond Ultragrip so don't know too much about BALs. I assume Green Star at <£6 a tub is fine for kitchen walls, sink splashbacks, bathroom walls with no immediate water contact etc...

M

MRW

Hi

I've done a few searches & read up a few threads on Topps Tiles but they're fairly old so thought I'd ask the question again.

Anyone currently use Topps? Unfortunately they are the only large distributor around me other than a couple of independents so for my first trade account I had little choice. Anyway, I have my trade card (there is a fool proof way of obtaining it quickly) & the discounts on materials is pretty damn good (50%-75% off BAL shelf price). But am I likely to match those sort of prices elsewhere? The 2 independents near me stock Ultra, is it likely I'd get the equivilent of 15kg tub Green Star for under £6?

& what are Topps discounts like on tiles or does it increase the more you buy?

ps. Green Star doesn't appear to have a great reputation around here but it's BAL so it must be pretty decent? The only tub I've used so far is Nicobond Ultragrip so don't know too much about BALs. I assume Green Star at <£6 a tub is fine for kitchen walls, sink splashbacks, bathroom walls with no immediate water contact etc...

I use Topps mainly for the Bal adhesives and as you say I get a good deal off them CTD cannot match it near me. Green star is okay for walls in bathrooms etc but not if its going to get wet stick to either grip, white star or better still a bagged product like SPF. Unsure about the discounts on tiles and tools as seem to be so varied at Topps. I find CTD is about 30% off every thing

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DJT75

i use topps also there prices are quite good especially the toppfix adhesives,but if you conyact matt from tile giant he will tell you there prices and will or almost match like for like prices from mapei to bal:thumbsup:

http://www.tilersforums.com/members/matt257.html-pm matt and he will set you up with a trade account and prices

Thanks, yeah I filled out an online form somewhere on here to get a tile giant discount card. Again, my nearest one is Harlow so 20 miles away

M

Matt

Do you also do other tubbed Mapei's & what BAL product are they the equivilent of? Assuming D1 is similiar to Green Star, is there an equivilent Blue & White star in tubs?

many thanks

Mapegrip D2 is a D2T class product, so is superior to Blue Star (D1T) and alittle cheaper AFAIK (Depending what you pay for Blue Star). In terms of performance, Mapegrip D2 is comparable to BAL Grip.

Mapegrip Plus is the equivalent to BAL White Star and again, alittle cheaper AFAIK.

D

DJT75

Mapegrip D2 is a D2T class product, so is superior to Blue Star (D1T) and alittle cheaper AFAIK (Depending what you pay for Blue Star). In terms of performance, Mapegrip D2 is comparable to BAL Grip.

Mapegrip Plus is the equivalent to BAL White Star and again, alittle cheaper AFAIK.

Great, thanks Matt. I'll wait for my discount card to come through & whizz over to Harlow.

Does that card do all I need or do I need to reference something else to get "the price"?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matt

Great, thanks Matt. I'll wait for my discount card to come through & whizz over to Harlow.

Does that card do all I need or do I need to reference something else to get "the price"?

Did you send the online form to Nathan? If so, it should all be set up for you. If you haven't sent the online form, go to this link:

tilersforums.com - Tile Giant Trade Discount Forms

Fill out the one that is for you (New Trade or Existing) and it will go direct to Nathan when you submit it.

If you PM your details, I'll check your account on our computer system tomorrow :thumbsup:

D

DJT75

Did you send the online form to Nathan? If so, it should all be set up for you. If you haven't sent the online form, go to this link:

tilersforums.com - Tile Giant Trade Discount Forms

Fill out the one that is for you (New Trade or Existing) and it will go direct to Nathan when you submit it.

If you PM your details, I'll check your account on our computer system tomorrow :thumbsup:

Yeah, I think that's the one I did online yesterday. I'll PM you my details though to check. cheers :thumbsup:

Reply to Topps Tiles in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Welcome to the Topps Tiles Trade family! Thanks for choosing us for all your tiling needs...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
The wife wants to renew kitchen wall and floor tiles and we have been looking for a few weeks...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps Tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond