Discuss trav is a nightmare!... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

its not my work mate so I feel I shouldn't take pics. and if I am judged because of that then fairplay to the judgemental. (just a precaution) as I feel I need to add an exclaimer to everything I post on here lmao

Ash, I know your only starting out but if your asked to grout a trav wetroom then there no probs with taking pics. Its still work you have done.
Even taking pics of just grouting b4 & after are still good pics to have in your portfolio.
I also hope things are going good for you with your tiling business.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
its not my work mate so I feel I shouldn't take pics. and if I am judged because of that then fairplay to the judgemental. (just a precaution) as I feel I need to add an exclaimer to everything I post on here lmao

No need for disclaimers mate, I doubt there's anyone from trading standards here hehe! If people want to judge, let them... What does it really matter to you?

M

Mr Tiler

its not my work Thompson theres no pride in that!.... love my family, love my job (and career) that's all that matters man. finally working as hard as I can, not on top rate as id wish not to be if i had this sort of opportunity but ive already had a small pay rise and ive been there a fortnight.... been told that my grouting is spot on... i can appreciate and focus on every minute of the working day now build the experience and confidence to be one of the best tillers there is! lol. its all I wanted man... and once again its the ''i can now give my son'' scenario... want nothing more than to give my son something i never had.

R

rj1884

if there is an interest in this subject i am quite happy to set out how i go about sealing /grouting/sealing/waxing/top coat seals.
this would only be my own guide not a guaranteed method that would be upheld by any tile federation.
it would only be general rule because each stone needs to be considered individually.
i think that darren freeze is probably the only member that i know on this site or any other who will have experienced similar to me as our fields of work are similar

Hi Jonnyc. I'd certainly be interested in your guide.

its not my work Thompson theres no pride in that!.... love my family, love my job (and career) that's all that matters man. finally working as hard as I can, not on top rate as id wish not to be if i had this sort of opportunity but ive already had a small pay rise and ive been there a fortnight.... been told that my grouting is spot on... i can appreciate and focus on every minute of the working day now build the experience and confidence to be one of the best tillers there is! lol. its all I wanted man... and once again its the ''i can now give my son'' scenario... want nothing more than to give my son something i never had.

Being told that your grouting is spot on is where the pride is Ash.
Taking pictures of your work "even grouting" shows pride in your ability's to other customers and makes good business sense.
You don't have to lie about who tiled it, but there's nothing wrong in showing customers how great your grouting is.
Also if it was you who had to replace half of the tiles & tanking, you did a lot more than just grout.

M

Mr Tiler

I suppose mate I just don't want anyone saying im taking credit for someone elses work if ya know what I mean bud. I mean il take some pics of my tiling for these guys il ask if I can put it on me website in the future (if it is still up that is). I didn't replace anything just ripped it up bud, I did lay a few of the priginal tiles, cut in the bottom row of wall tiles, tiled majority of the back wall and grouted the whole room so I suppose I did do my fair share to it ;) I just want a peaceful life though to get me head down and build a career now lol cheers mate

P

Perry

I have never sealed any travertine before grouting.
the only reason being that I know that you will not get picture framing .
i would never seal any stone /travertine /marble before grouting if I wasn't worried about grout moisture ingress,
point being that if a natural material won't stain unsealed you have a better chance of getting a flush joint without having to double grout.
the older marble fixers on here will tell you that 2o -25 years ago no one sealed marble before grouting because there just wasn't many marble sealers about.
and to add to that marble didn't really stain unsealed like more porous limestones will do unsealed.
I havent in 30 years either :thumbsup: for the same reasons. you cant beat experience can you jonny.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to trav is a nightmare!... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
My goodness - what a palaver!! So, I've been tiling my own wet-room with TOPPS 60x30 Polished...
Replies
Views
Billy Hunt
B
I've just completed a wetroom walls & floors in Regal Vanilla Rock tiles from Topps. These are...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S
D
Hi, Had a bit of nightmare at work. I poured some floor level onto a step which was to be tiled...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
R
hi there I'm not a tiler but my partner is (24 years in the trade). My partner has recently...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB