Discuss Travis Perkins came up trumps today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

Called in at TP on my way past today to get a price for some 5 x 2 joists for my decking subframe I needed 60 linear metres and they were £100 cheaper than Jewsons:thumbsup: I said right, I'll pay for it now and go home and get my trailer, "no need Doug, we've got a wagon doing nowt, we'll load it on and drop it round for you, free delivery"
By time I got some joist hangers, got home and made kids some lunch, it arrived, within an hour of paying for it, so I set too and got my decking area framed out this afternoon. Was well impressed with their service and I'll probs be using them instead of Jewsons from now on:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

I'm a big fan of Travis Doug, always give good discount without me having to pester them. Rate them very highly.
they actually told me "Doug, even tho you have a trade card, if you put it through your Bert's account (my brother) you'll get it even cheaper" I said that I was reluctant to do that without clearing it first with him but they said "if you're paying now for it, it doesn't matter, we'll put it through Bert's just so you get his price"

C

Colour Republic

Then I don't touch em..... there by far the dearest around here, but we're spoilt for choice with MGM and Beatsons all on the same trading estate.

Their shelf price is dear but once you set up trade terms with them they are quite competitive, unless they have a different strategy with Keyline.

Travis are taking over the UK at the moment buying everything in sight, and the companies they are taking over and the new ones they are starting up all seem to have the same thing at the top of their list and that is service

Most companies I use are subs of Travis, not because they are Travis but each one on their own merit, The only materials I don't get from a sub of Travis is Plumbing (City Plumbing) and paint (Trade Decorating Supplies)

C

Colour Republic

all travis

Travis Perkins – four regionally based businesses
Keyline Builders Merchants
City Plumbing Supplies
CCF (Commercial Ceiling Factors)
Wickes
Benchmarx
Tile Giant
Toolstation (Travis Perkins own 30% of the company)
City Heating Spares
BSS
DHS - Direct Heating Spares
F & P Wholesale
BPT - Birchwood Price Tools
DES - Domestic Electrical Supplies
PTS - Plumbing Trade Supplies
UGS
Buck & Hickman
Spendlove C.Jebb
TDS - Trade Decorating Supplies

I'm sure there is an electrical supplier not on that list too :confused:

edit: oh forgot.. they also own a hefty chunk of MyBuilder.com too

Reply to Travis Perkins came up trumps today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

S
I ws talking tot he guy in my local TP yesterday and spotted some marcrist cutting wheel for the...
Replies
Views
Scott
S
D
Imaginge: You have a product that a company could sell. And: You want their buyers to take...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
E
I'm not doing any tiling or cleaning today..This is my list of jobs today..Up at 6am get the...
Replies
Views
hillhead
H
D
Posted on the sparky forum.. thought i would share this with you lot..
Replies
Views
Fekin
F
L
Greetings tilersforums.com visitors, and established members alike. In the past I was...
Replies
Views
2Balls

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Travis Perkins came up trumps today
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks