Discuss Travis Perkins came up trumps today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

known as travis rip off over here...beesleys & huws and grey are by far cheaper
I know what you mean Mark, the depot in Kendal used to be a private firm with about 5 branches round Lake District, in fact I can see the original owners house from my front window. After TP bought them out a few years ago prices rocketted and service plummetted, but I was more than made up today with the advice and service that they gave me.

Somerset
Travis are fairly cheap - a lot cheaper trade prices than Jewsons (unless ur ordering £40,000 worth of building materials - then Jewsons suddenly become the cheapest...).

I negotiated with a Travis branch in Bristol and got Hardibacker 250 sheets for £11.79 each (large sheets) - although Topps sold them for £10 these were the smaller 250s sheets - about a third smaller in sq meterage than the Travis Hardibacker 250 sheets. Without buying these sheets in big bulk, thats a really good trade price.

S

SandyFloor

Then I don't touch em..... there by far the dearest around here, but we're spoilt for choice with MGM and Beatsons all on the same trading estate.

I've found a little glitch in their system. If you go through a lot of one type of material ( for me it's ply) when you have a job needing say 50 sheets you get a price and get the goods. That will be in your file as the price you pay and you'll get even one item for the same price.

C

cornish_crofter

known as travis rip off over here...beesleys & huws and grey are by far cheaper

Which branch are you talking about?

The one in Tavistock is a bit hit and miss, but lately they've been quoting me some keen prices. It's Tavistock I have my account with but I think I put their noses out of joint when I bought our front door from the Saltash branch because they gave us a better discount!

We've got a Tinay opening up in Tavistock. The plasterer I know who's dad own a building firm use them all the time. They swear by them. That'll put pressure on Jewsons and TP.

S

Scott

I've found a little glitch in their system. If you go through a lot of one type of material ( for me it's ply) when you have a job needing say 50 sheets you get a price and get the goods. That will be in your file as the price you pay and you'll get even one item for the same price.

Its not a glitch sandy thats how they set their terms up. I have terms for ply, hardi, plasterboard and CLS timber as thats my staple materials.

What you have to watch though is that they set you up for prices on plasterboard and not just a single item. I was set p for 8x4 12.5 and ended up paying more for 6x3 as its wasnt set up.

My local TP has stopped doing hardi now and gone over to aquapanel which im gutted about as i cant find another local supplier of hardi

Which branch are you talking about?

The one in Tavistock is a bit hit and miss, but lately they've been quoting me some keen prices. It's Tavistock I have my account with but I think I put their noses out of joint when I bought our front door from the Saltash branch because they gave us a better discount!

We've got a Tinay opening up in Tavistock. The plasterer I know who's dad own a building firm use them all the time. They swear by them. That'll put pressure on Jewsons and TP.

on the wirral, I'm not from down your way..lol devonmark is my name....mark devon

Reply to Travis Perkins came up trumps today in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

S
I ws talking tot he guy in my local TP yesterday and spotted some marcrist cutting wheel for the...
Replies
Views
Scott
S
D
Imaginge: You have a product that a company could sell. And: You want their buyers to take...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
E
I'm not doing any tiling or cleaning today..This is my list of jobs today..Up at 6am get the...
Replies
Views
hillhead
H
D
Posted on the sparky forum.. thought i would share this with you lot..
Replies
Views
Fekin
F
L
Greetings tilersforums.com visitors, and established members alike. In the past I was...
Replies
Views
2Balls

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Travis Perkins came up trumps today
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.