Discuss triangle bathrooms in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mrebuilder

tileling in an octagon shape house and can't predict all the cuts with the shape of the 2 baths which are pie shaped (sort of ). what can or should i charge sq ft for instalation.so like the shower is on an angle and closet. i can pull the vanity tile under it. door openings are at angle also should i pick the longest wall and go square off of that.what to charge and where to start in center or long wall. i was thinking 10 to 14 sq foot installed. i live in us,nh

L

Leatherface

all depends upon size of tiles and actual dimensions of room.
First square off and mark a straight line from centre of door way onto opposing wall. Use this as your datum at the or reference line.
Get a wood batten a bit shorter than the width of the room at the shortest point. On this place a tile at one end, mark wood at edge of tile, add spacers and another tile, mark again & continue until you have a wood batten marked with tile positions and spacers. This is your tile staff. Use this to determine where your tiles will fall at any given point.
Best to estimate how long this will take you and charge a day rate if there is a large amount of cutting. If you get your head around the tile staff, you should be able to determine the size of cuts at any given point in the bathroom. A good visual aid, easy to adjust, saves dry laying.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to triangle bathrooms in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
D
I am installing 6x24" (152mm x 610mm) wood look porcelain tile in an approx 200 sq. ft. (6096mm)...
Replies
Views
DIYish
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB