Discuss Trusted Members in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

I probably wont make much sense, in my flu jab state, but I don't think there is a 'elitist' scenario for those in the tilers arms and those who are in the trusted advisors section. To me the trusted is not about how many posts you've done, its a mark of how well you know your trade and skills. If I have a problem I won't post it in the tilers arms, I'll come and post it in here, such as the case at Wimbledon, I know the lads in here will give me their input, and I trust your opinions and views on the subject. Just as if anyone where to ask my opinion Id give it, if I knew anything about the subject. I agree also with what a lot of you have already said, about posting stuff like welcome to the forum, no it shouldn't be counted towards getting in here, Deano has a very good and valid point, some of the posts in the open areas, are from people who think they can do the work, and they do it wrong and then gleam the info from those of you that have been doing it years and effectively times are bad, and work is being taken away from tilers.

So yes I like being the trusted advisors section, because its straight talking, no bull****, and no head games. I would be really sorry to see it go, because apart from pms, there is no place I would feel confident in posting something of a 'sensitive' nature.

I look at some of these postings in the open forum and as before someone pointed out, its blatant self promotion, of my dogs bigger than your dog tactics. If your good, your good, no two ways about it. You don't need to brag about it, as my grandad said to me.. keep your head down, your mouth shut, and get on with it. Two times this week, I have been given the hump in two sections of the forum, one which went of topic, when some poor sod asked for advice about suitable material for their home, and we got the sales patter of a street trader pushing his product. Another one were two people were bigging themselves each other up about how good their work was. In fact it was a pile of crap, but I kept my mouth shut.

I also got the hump about someones entry in the JOTM, and picked up a diabolical piece of workmanship, but again I kept my mouth shut, but then read the comments from others saying what a great piece of work. Now that tells me something, either people are blind, or they haven't got the skills they make out they have.

So in essence I would not like to see this closed section be dissolved, its the only place I can sound off and get advice that I value. As for the other forum, to many egos, for me, I know I am stroppy at the best of times, but at least I keep it real.

Your a great bunch of lads, your all great at what you do, so why think something is wrong in here?

Lynn

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'll hang on before chipping in it looks like you're all getting somewhere just fine. :)

I can see it staying as it is though to be honest as it doesn't seem to upset anybody by being like this. We're too used to it here now.

Just done a similar forum on electriciansforums though and it's caused uproar for the last 3 weeks. It's change that upsets people, doesn't matter what the change is, takes time to get used to change. And it's cool because it shows how passionate people are about a forum, but the least we upset the masses the better for getting on with the actual forum topic.

That all said, if you think it needs a vote, then setup a poll at the weekend after we've considered it a bit more. If not, then fair enough.

D

DHTiling

IMO... leave it be .... it is good to see that when members are given t he trusted tag they are chuffed to bits and that used to make me smile when i was Admin..knowing that we had made them pleased to be selected and i personally don't feel it is a clicky club.. this is just a term used by .. if i have to say it the other forum.. but i don't like to get into them and us... we are us ( tilersforums.com) and that is all it has to be IMHO.. forums can run along side each other no probs , so leave them to get on and we do what we do.. Simples as that...

Why compare.. use both or one but don't feel you have to choose.. that is my take on it as a member with no vested interest in either forum.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Peterborough, England
Do you think it would be a good idea to maybe add something on the forum, perhaps a sticky thread or something that outlines what all the badges mean.
I think it might be good, certainly if posted publically, to define what all of them mean. It would be a good guide for new comers, and if it's also set out in plain text and how to be awarded each badge then maybe people won't make their own interpretation of what it means. In the stereotypical way. We all do it, it's how we are. But at least if outlined and defined people can't get there backs up about it.

Please keep the TA board as well.

Reply to Trusted Members in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Trusted Members
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.