Discuss U.P.V.C decorative wall panelling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
just latley ive had a few customers undecided as to go down the tiling route or u.p.v.c panelling route for bathroom walls, im sometimes quoting up against a local firm who deal in the u.p.v.c only there marketing reads like this .......60% faster than tiling. an easy DIY job. insulates walls. reduces condensatoin. can be fitted directly over tiles. hygienic. rotproof. waterprof. easy to clean. above all NO grout to discolour.

personally i hate the stuff, what would you say to sway a customer to chose tiles rather than u.p.v.c

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9966

A guy I work with had it fitted in his bathroom on the missus' say so. In the end, it cost him more than having the bathroom tiled, and he only had the panelling around the bath and shower area. He could have had the entire bathroom tiled for the same price.

Ask the customer if they really fancy showering in a portacabin every morning... Tiles spell quality, especially high end tiles/stone/porcelain

G

garretridge

just hate the stuff a bathroom refurb company in my area do complete refurbs in pvc for £1999 i do them for £2495 quality tiles and borders included there is no comparison in quality and finish.i just show examples of a recent refurb i completed and have a picture of the pvc pannelling completed normally works for me but like all trades you get the odd tight git :mad2: there loss! :thumbsup:

Reply to U.P.V.C decorative wall panelling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
D
Hi Guys, I have been looking around the forum (lots of useful info by the way) for a...
Replies
Views
Doomageta
D
F
Hi, DIYer here and trying to work out my best solution for tiling around a drop in tub with an...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
U.P.V.C decorative wall panelling
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.