Discuss UFH electricity requirements in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bootsmckiber

Hi,I have a friend who wants his ensuite to have a heated floor which means ripping up existing tile and putting in ufh,this is not a problem,what he wants to know is can I unhook the existing baseboard heater (220v) and use that to power the heating mat,I would probably do it at my house and I'm sure there's a hundred "by the code reasons"I can't,but theoretically,can it be done?They're retired and we're trying to save a bit of money,I'm doing the job for free and would like to save them the expense of having a sparky run a new line which is what I've always done in the past,thanks,Mike

B

bootsmckiber

It must be RCD protected, either on the spur or the fuse box.......

I'm in Canada,to me a spur is on a cowboys boot,what is it to you?I was just going to hook up the power from the baseboard heater(220volt)and change the thermostat over,they both use the same amount of electricity,Dave,Doug,Phil,Sir Ramic,what do you guys think,remember it's for a good cause,my friend is a retired carpenters union president so it won't be a hack job

T

Time's Ran Out

Leave the electric UFH mat with cold tails for connection by a qualified electrician.
Test it during installation for resistance and confirm it is within the manufacturers variants, draw your plan, mark the postion of the floor sensor, and fill in the warranty.
The final connection for the ongoing guarantee and signature is that of the Electrician and is handed to the householder for sending off to the manufacturer.
Failure to comply will nullify the guarantee!

Reply to UFH electricity requirements in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
UFH electricity requirements
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.