Discuss ufh failure in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

merit

TF
had a call from a client id done a bathroom for a while ago, ufh not working,he said he hadnt commisioned it because of the nice weather ect, anyways no heat coming through, he asked if i had nicked the cable, couldnt of because it was slc over full area,he asks can i take a tile up cos the electrician knows exactly where the problem might be,ok but might damage surrounding tiles getting it out ect,turns out the electrician has cut the matt to suit the floor and taped the probe to the end,so he is going to leave it ?

B

bugs183

What was the sparky thinking, what a div.
Try this bloke, he'll tell you if this floor is salvagable, and if it is get him in: Steve Ashby, 07989 382218.
He's an expert in repairing electric under floor heating. He's not cheap, but i used him on a job that failed (my fein Multimaster's fault, honestly, not mine). He located the problem down to the tile. He took the tile out, reconntected the fault. Also if he does the work some manufacturers will still validate the warranty. Very very impressive.
Good luck!

Honestly Afright, they really aren't too bad. Just make sure you do the work, get a sparky to check, but don't let them any where near fitting it! A multi meter and an alarm is all you need, quite simple really after a bit of practise.
I have fitted them I know there easy to do but just rather not, do not want the responsibility if it goes wrong would not want the big expense of putting it right.

Last edited:

merit

TF
what normally happens when working with sparks that i get in to install ufh, they will test it ill prep floor they lay it ,i slc then they test again f every things ok ,ill lay floor,on this occasion client got his own sparky, told him to test before laying, which he did, where he fell off was cutting the end of the matt off and sticking the sensor back on, the client accepts its down to the spark, ive offered to remove tiles if he wishes,but he is going to live with no ufh,which defeats the object in my eyes,shamefull really

Worked on some flats in London , the first bathroom the ufh was done by the foreman (who was fussy about everybodys work) he got fed up with doing it so I did the next 7 bathrooms, when the job was all finished one bathroom was not working so I got a phone call say it was my problem travel up to London round trip of 150 miles and guess what it was the bathroom that the foreman had done it turned out there was so much cable he got fed up and hid half of it under the bath before it was boxed in,thats why I do not want to do any more.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to ufh failure in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
Ok so just putting this out there for a mate of mine to see if anyone would like to take on...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
Today I had to replace a cracked tile. The customer said there was UFH under the tiles. I...
Replies
Views
Marvo
M
Got onsite yesterday to find that the builder had laid the UFH mat, then covered it in SLC. I...
Replies
Views
The dread strikes when the number of a customer appears on your phone several months after you...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I am after some advice from the pros, so figured id ask here. in my new extension...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB