Discuss Uheat Keith in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Hi keith, Here are a few questions that get asked on the forums from time to time you may be able to answer.

Many companies are now not packing the tubes for thermostat probes in the boxes these days. UHeat still do, what are your thoughts on this ?
Also many complain that it is impossible to replace a probe as the cable is unable to be threaded in.
How easy is it to repair a broken cable, assumming you know where the break is.?
Lastly Does it matter which side your mats are installed ? I know now you are coating the mesh with adhesvie to stick to the floor but I have heard that some people like the mesh on top as they think it protects the cables !!! ( Not convinced about that )

U

Uheat - Keith

a) Flexible conduit in boxes. We are going the other way, we had one range without the conduit, but now comes complete, our are 12mm.
b) One way over replacement of probe is a low level service box, 36mm metal back box with blank plate over. Extra work and extra item on the wall, but a half way point between the Controller and the end of the flexible conduit tube. You would then feed the probe from here to the end of the conduit, fish the wire to back of controller above/the other way. Make sure smooth radius to flexible conduit from wall to floor.
c) Repairs can be done, we have kits. The problem needs to be found first. If it happens while cable being installed repair can be done before compound goes on. Best way to guard against problems is for you to use a monitor / alarm. If a cable is nicked the alarm goes off.
d) Always have a good plan of your area and where the mats are going. The mesh does not stop any heat so does not matter which way round it goes. We like to tell installers to use wooden or plastic trowels, Not metal. As with any cable, for lighting, power etc, look after it while you are installing.

Reply to Uheat Keith in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone. I'm after some advice with regard large format Tiles with water fed underfloor...
Replies
Views
Tiberiu Curelaru
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Uheat Keith
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.