UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss UK Fixings Direct in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Had a call off these boys a couple of days ago, the guy started going on about a deal and really started bigging up the Dewalt drill that he would throw in for free if I bought X amount of SDS drill bits. He was naming well known brands not just any old rubbish so I let him carry on as it sounded like an OK deal not one of these 'too good to be true' jobbies. Anyway he carried on then said 'if you buy before 7pm tonight, i'll chuck in zyx too', I told him flat out that those sort of sale tactics never work with me and I would make my mind up in my own time, but told him he was more than welcome to send me an email with the details and i'd think about it but that if I gave him my email it was only for the purpose of this deal and no others or to be passed on to third parties. This is the email

UK FIXINGS
DIRECT LTD
Unit 37 Grovewood Business Centre
Wren Court
Strathclyde Business Park
Bellshill
ML4 3NQ
Vat Reg-889392746
http://www.ukfixingsdirect.com/
email:[email protected]

F.A.O Rob

Promotional Offer

Simply buy 50 of our new reinforced TCT SDS drill bits from 5.5mm – 25mm for the promotional price of £5.99 per bit

Receive the following free of charge

1000 x Most common size of gold pozi drive rawl woodscrews
1000 x Red rawl plugs
1000 x Brown rawl plugs
10 x Diamond Tipped pozi bits
2 x Packs of grade A Everbuild Silicone
1 x 12” ATLAS/NORTON professional laser welded diamond blades
1 x 850w DeWALT SDS Multi-function hammer 110v/240v

Whole deal today £299+VAT

For placing the order TODAY you will also receive on top of the promotion.

FREE OF CHARGE

5 x 5m Lockable everbuild tape measures
5 x Packs of Canadian industrial rigger gloves
5 x 11” Industrial everbuild skeleton guns
5 x Superfine cut heavy duty everbuild hard point saws
1 x 5 piece PRO reinforced re-sharpenable TCT chisel set
1 x Box of 50 dust Masks

All extra for placing the order TODAY

Many thanks

Gerry -

So I get home and take a look, the first thing that worried me is that alot of the named brands that he mentioned were not mentioned in the email and secondly no mention of model number for the dewalt drill (could be the one you get free whith a cordless - about £40 worth) and lastly the website has no prices at all and to me screems scam, not the big company that he told me they were.

Next day he calls me up and says he would extend the offer to today (oh how nice of him :rollseyes:) I told him I was a little bit disappointed the email didn't match what he had told me over the phone and the website didn't give me much confidence so on this occassion I wouldn't be taking him up on the offer, to which he went in to a 5 min rant, twice I told we're both wasting our time here but he wouldn't let it lie and still tried to make the sale! I told him to stop to which he told me to *Off!!!! and hung up :yikes:, 20secs later he rang me back witholding his number (why I don't know? he didn't before) and said he was going to pass my name and number on to every telesales marketer in the uk :lol::lol::lol: I told not to bother as I think they all have it already:mad2:

So if you get a call off these guys don't waste 1/2 hour of your life like I did

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to UK Fixings Direct in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views
M
Had an bust up/argument with tiler today. Usually use someone else but this guy came recommended...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.