Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mattle40

Great work as always pal and just checked the videos, it looks like a great system and perfect for the scenario u were faced with... Top quality ;-)

J

jonnyc

looks nice and simple.
we do a simalar thing cutting notch in back of tile and using steel looped wire but these brackets look very easy to use .
how much does it cost for attachment shown on video just to cut a slot at whatever degrees suggested.

R

rainsco

here is the video from the manufactor. but i don´t use the plastik setsystem. i just use the safety hook.

RAIMONDI RAI-FIX - YouTube

the stainless steel box is simple but its a easy and fast way to cut the slots. the angle grinder is very low price.
in germany the machine costs 275euro (i think 250 for the box and rest for the grinder :))
70 hooks cost 95 euro (all prices without tax 19%)

its a very fast system. and if i do bigger jobs i can prepare the tiles at home.

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
looks good, but i think slot in the tile you can cut by hand with angle grinder. you only need them brackets :thumbsup:. some times (if i have to) i cut slot in tile, for screw head, and fill with two part stone glue and do normal tile fix with tile adhesive.

R

rainsco

if you cut the slot by hand i think the brackets don´t fit so exact and if you set the tile on the wall and drill the hole its not nice when the bracket gets out of the slot.
but i think its easy to rebuilt the angle box. but for this price?.

R

rainsco

had to tile interesting material yesterday. a historic cotto from france. used. i rather wanted to make the joints narrower but so i have no cutted tiles in the whole room. anyone knowes how they were tiled in historic buildings?
i used kiesel trioflex supertec to set the diffrent thickness. it can do 20mm.
fr-cotto01.jpg fr-cotto02.jpg fr-cotto03.jpg

in the same house theres the jura shower and bathroom. i optimized the electric cables for the built in cabinets and face the laundrychute. on floor the bathroom gets wood.
jurabad01.jpg jurabad02.jpg jurabad03.jpg jurabad04.jpg

shower with 60x60 tiles. ardex s7 for tanking.
60x60-dusche00.jpg 60x60-dusche01.jpg 60x60-dusche02.jpg

J

jonnyc

i have just started the same type of antique terracotta this week as well.
it also came from france .it is the lyon yellow but hasa mix of colour through to beige/pink.
they were laid in lime and sand which is why they coukld be reclaimed without damage.
my area is 100 sq mts and i can see from the backs and front that the tiles have come from 3 different houses and are three diiferent sizes .
i will post some pictures in a bit showing how we lay these tiles to reduce joint widths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I spend some time in doorways. NOTE THAT DAN HAS CREATED THIS NEW 2024 SHOW US YOUR TILE...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen