Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Pics are to small..

ok,i remember taking these on my 1990 mobile camera phone,you know the one,where you had to carry the battery on your back:yikes:.

is there any way to make them bigger? i did take them on my mobile and sent them to my email,thought i was being well clever:smilewinkgrin:

T

tfs

Pics of a bathroom sash window that I draught proofed and completed some renovation/repair work on. I really enjoy working in old buildings and this is one of the most enjoyable jobs (apart from tiling ofcourse:lol:)

Work included,

removing sash both sashes from frame

Burn back paint on frame to bare wood

remove paint from face of sashes

tighten mortise and tennon joints on sashes

remove two panes of glass from top sash and reglaze with 4mm glass

Prime bare timber on sashes

rerope sashes and reinstate into the frame

install new brass ironmongery

Sash windows, parton beads and staff rod (batton rod in Scotland) had a groove routered into them in order to insert a brush pile to draught proof the windows. This helped to reduce noise, rattling and most importantly cold air. The windows now slide up and down with ease.

Windows will be finished of by painter.

Attachments

• DSC01058.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01059.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01061.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01062.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01063.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01065.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01066.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

Oh, nice one, I can relate, had to do that on a Cornish Cottage :) just make really sure that painter doesn't paint them all shut!!! :thumbsup:

T

tfs

windows also had simplex system installed to allow bottom sash to open inward, this is also know as easy clean as it allows the home owner to maintain outer windows much easier.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC01123.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 24

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
tile a.jpg tile c.jpg tile b.jpg tile d.jpg
right here we go again.
1st and 3rd are granite,he paid £100 m2 to import them from italy,mad i tell you.

2nd and 4th are westland green riven slate in a orange house,the floor was that far out of level i had to use 28 bags of self level over 30m2. it dipped down at each point from the centre,the builder who did the footings and base said it was out of level because the kingspan sucks the goodness out of the concrete and shrinks it:yikes:

sorry not the best of photos,maybe i made them to large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I spend some time in doorways. NOTE THAT DAN HAS CREATED THIS NEW 2024 SHOW US YOUR TILE...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen