Discuss Unbelievable in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

This is a job I went to see today and posting in here because it was in "Looking for a wall and Floor Tiler".

The job had been fixed about a 6 weeks ago and there's about 90m2, the guy who fixed it laid it in 3 days.
There is underfloor (water) heating and the tiler new this, a plumber told the client to turn the ufh up full blast in one go after it had been tiled.
The tiles were quartz and when buying them had not been told at the time they should not be fixed with ufh, the tiler did'nt know either.

Some pics to show the problems, the tiler has been told he will taking up the dabs of adhesive.

Odds 026.jpg Odds 027.jpg Odds 028.jpg Odds 029.jpg Odds 030.jpg Odds 032.jpg Odds 035.jpg Odds 033.jpg I'm off out tonight so I'll let you pick out bones on this one:ban:

W

White Room

this thread should be re-tilted, 'believable' because we are seeing more and more and more of this. shame really because there's so many good reputable tilers out of work at the moment...wonders what makes people go for these kind of cowboys? cost maybe?

She did know that the tiler had'nt done anything to big and done the job on 3 following sundays...price:thumbsdown:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
She did know that the tiler had'nt done anything to big and done the job on 3 following sundays...price:thumbsdown:

so they let him loose on a quartz floor ??......beggers belive really!! good tilers short of work, and mr blobby gets 90m2 floors, just about sums up everything thats wrong with this trade...infact most of the building trade...:thumbsdown:

Reply to Unbelievable in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB