Discuss underfloor heating......do I have a potential problem ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The fact you paid cash isn't your problem. It's not your issue whether he pays TAX or not on that job. However the fact he's come back around and looked at his job, confirms he originally did it, especially if you have a witness.

This is exactly why I wouldn't do cash jobs over a couple of hundred quid. When they backfire, they backfire big time.

If he doesn't come back (and I'd simply say on the phone you have a problem can he come check to make sure you're just not being over cautious - he should take it from there then) then you may be able to get the job checked by an independent tiler. Then do a report on it, then go through small claims. Give the guy a chance first though. Nobody needs hassle.

There are cases going on that we're following on here though and its not nice for either party.

J

jonjo

The fact you paid cash isn't your problem. It's not your issue whether he pays TAX or not on that job. However the fact he's come back around and looked at his job, confirms he originally did it, especially if you have a witness.

This is exactly why I wouldn't do cash jobs over a couple of hundred quid. When they backfire, they backfire big time.

If he doesn't come back (and I'd simply say on the phone you have a problem can he come check to make sure you're just not being over cautious - he should take it from there then) then you may be able to get the job checked by an independent tiler. Then do a report on it, then go through small claims. Give the guy a chance first though. Nobody needs hassle.

There are cases going on that we're following on here though and its not nice for either party.

i could not agree more Dan, i'm not here to stiff anyone or take them to the cleaners...i just want my floor to stop creaking :(

if he comes down and says you know what ive cocked up here then fair doo's and it needs sorting...

if not then there is really only one way for me to turn i think ?

Reply to underfloor heating......do I have a potential problem ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Hope you are all having a fantastic Xmas. To cut a long story short I have installed...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
underfloor heating......do I have a potential problem ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.