Discuss Underfloor Heating Questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Hi 1 How long does the screed need to dry out . It has been laid onto a wet pipe system?
2 Does the heating system need to be "fired up" before tiles are laid?
3Can Hardibacker be used on top of a ply floor that has a piped underfloor heating system underneath?
4Can a 2mm grout joint be used on 600x600 porcelain floor tiles?

Sorry about the random questions

1depends on the screed type. Sand cement approx 6 weeks. Anhydrite can be force dried.

2 yes. 21 days for sand cement but don't use the heating to force dry the screed. 7 days with anhydrite, deffo use it to force dry the screed

3 yes but it will slightly impare the efficiency. Be careful how you fix it.

4 probably but he tilers should answer hat one. bear in mind the joint pattern to form your tile bays. Not sure you can do a 2 mm joint.

G

Gazzer

1depends on the screed type. Sand cement approx 6 weeks. Anhydrite can be force dried.

2 yes. 21 days for sand cement but don't use the heating to force dry the screed. 7 days with anhydrite, deffo use it to force dry the screed

3 yes but it will slightly impare the efficiency. Be careful how you fix it.

4 probably but he tilers should answer hat one. bear in mind the joint pattern to form your tile bays. Not sure you can do a 2 mm joint.

Over a year old thread Alan, but good info anyway.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Underfloor Heating Questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views
We had a water underfloor heating installed and tiled over. 3 months later we noticed many tiles...
Replies
Views
Amethsyt
A
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Underfloor Heating Questions
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.