UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Underfloor heating. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
i know several people who have electric systems like those you get from topps and b&q and the like. They are expensive to run as a retro fit or as a primary heat source and need to be designed properly. e.g. 10mm of insulation boad is not likley to offer a great deal of thermal resistance to the subfloor so you end up heating the sub floor as well. \i know quite a few people who dont turn them on because of the running costs.

on the other hand i know of several thousands of square meters of apartments that have electric UFH as their primary heat source but these will generally be on top of 65 or 75mm of cellotex typ insulation so the heating does not use the subfloor as a thermal sink.

I looked at thee for my conservatory but opted not to cos they would rack up my leccy bill by about 20%.......

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Underfloor heating. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Underfloor heating.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.