Discuss Using BAL Easy Poxy Epoxy Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dad

Just did my first job today (a kitchen worktop) using BLACK Mapei Kerapoxy. I am not a tiler, but I have done quite a few tiling jobs and this was part of a kitchen fit. I found it a bit of a stressful experience too perfectionist. For a start, I couldn't get the room or the tiles warm, so the stuff was as thick as guts. I was using my usual rubber tile float as well - so I had no end of problems getting the stuff into the joints. problem is, once you have mixed it, you have to go! Got there in the end, but I won't be rushing to use it again..... (especially in black)

D

dock

Don't understand the issue here. If you have the correct equipment epoxy grouting is dead easy!!. Formulation wise the hardener component is roughly 1% water wipeable unlike the old formulation epoxies.

1 Once mixed apply the grout with a hard rubber squeegee (normally blue in colour)
2 Remove excess by drawing the squeegee diagonally across the filled joints
3 Emulsify the residual film with a dampened white scotchbrite pad kept flat against the tiling
4 Remove the film by drawing a good quality damp sponge diagonally across the tiling
5 Leave any slight marks left on the tile surface until the grout has cured and remove with a scotchbrite pad and water after 24 hours
6 If left much longer Nitromors paint stripper will probably be required

dock

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Been using this stuff for the past couple of days on a church am working on,dont see the problem either,while not as easy as using normal grout,it was'nt no where near as bad as using the epoxy of old,still used lots of sponges though,probably only washing off two to three metres per sponge,we used hot water to wash off and it seemed to come off great no scotchbrite pads or anything needed.

Reply to Using BAL Easy Poxy Epoxy Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

On the final stretch of this lengthy project and would love to hear your views on Flexible...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Hi returning to tiling after a 25 year break.(I actually trained in the late 1980s) Materials...
Replies
Views
Happy Friday All We have launched the NEW Nicobond Grout Pro Flexible range. I am happy to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Using BAL Easy Poxy Epoxy Grout
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.