Discuss Van Insurance Company in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
I have just changed Van Ins Co this week and in a letter today they not only want evidence of my No claims%(fair enough)
but they also want a copy of the V5 and a copy of the paper part of my drivers licence..ffs
Never had to provide this much detail before,has anyone else?.....and before you ask, No I have not been a bad lad in the past!

Not had to do that.

J

jonnyc

My three vans are up for renewal now and i have changed to Van compare direct.
they have asked for a copy of my paper part of licence which is fair enough although never been asked for this before.
not asked for v 5 though.
one thing i would say though is it is well worth shopping around because i am convinced insurance companies bank on most of us just renewing and charge more than they should to give us their best deal

G

Gazzer

My three vans are up for renewal now and i have changed to Van compare direct.
they have asked for a copy of my paper part of licence which is fair enough although never been asked for this before.
not asked for v 5 though.
one thing i would say though is it is well worth shopping around because i am convinced insurance companies bank on most of us just renewing and charge more than they should to give us their best deal

Too true, I told my insurance company there were too expensive and they came back with a much better quote.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I got the best deal from Ageas ( used to be Fortis) ... and never had to provide what you have all the years i have been driving.. ??

That's who I use Dave, cheapest by far.

Strangely, I had two brokers who quoted me different prices with the same insurance co. One obviously deals with them on a more regular basis therefore they get a much favourable discount.

It is better to shop around as your incumbent provider will always assume that you will renew.

Same with mortgages a different provider will nearly always give you a better deal as they want your business. They will then try to sell you additional services i.e. house insurance life insurance and that's where they get the money out of you from add-ons.

J

jonnyc

I'm with Autonet, and usally is the cheapest online.
Bud like most companys they charge an arrangement fee to renew your policy.
I just fill it in online as a new customer and save £25.
Then receive a letter needing proof of NCB even though they hold it.
So companys asking for bizarre documents dosen't suprise me.

I was with autonet last year but have now changed to van compare direct and they have been fantastic so far and cheaper

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Van Insurance Company in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
I quoted and insurance job back at the end of November... The job was a dishwasher leak which...
Replies
Views
B
Been using my own van whilst employed paye for past year, anyone else doing this, how do you...
Replies
Views
M
Sorry if its in the wrong Area ! sadly, after 6 months my apprentice tiler hasn't worked out...
Replies
Views
prceramics
P
S
Hi all, I haven't been on here in ages ..apologies for that.....time goes so fast. But I hope...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB