Discuss Very Large Format..concrete Panels..on Walls in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

The brackets in those pics look suitable for a concrete/block wall, but not so much for over boarded studwork. I get folk often looking at tiles too heavy for there skimmed walls. Most don't want to alter there substrate too much and opt for something lighter. There understandably concerned about the safety aspect. Sensible people.
Then there's people that think that gravity won't apply to them.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

in a way very similar to the way we fixed in the 80.s except these holes are pre drilled and our slap work was tight jointed. to hold the tile above I would drill a 6mm hole 150 from the edge and 10mm deep and center of the slabs edge above and below and put in a 4mm copper pin this will align the tiles. using a 4mmpin gives u a bit of tolerance. we used to make our own clamps and pins with 4 mm copper wire and copper screws
Thanks for all your feedback and advice Ray,

You certainly seem to know your stuff mate,I'll let you know how I get on if I end up doing the job, will send pics.......cheers mucka

J

Just Rizzle

We're ive been today
image.jpg

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Talk about out in the middle of nowhere mate!.....nice when you get to do a job away from the hussle & bussle.......I haven't had chance to look at other posts yet Ray but I see your the other side of the country to me way up north.....I'm in Warwickshire......west mids.......what's the job out there then muck......gotta be a barn conversion or some country manor........get the money in off the rich country folk.....YEAH!.....money grabber!...lol!

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Just following on from last chinwag about the decorative concrete panels, I spoke to one of the technical directors at British gypsum yesterday and I was told that they do not recommend tiling this onto 12.5mm board even if it's mechanically fixed.....so they told me the studwork would have to be at 400mm centres and 15mm plasterboard or Glasroc tile backer boards.......crikey some prep for these panels!!!.....I'm not doing it that's for sure :flushed:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Very Large Format..concrete Panels..on Walls in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB