Discuss Visited a house for sale with underfloor heating in Crowborough , East Sussex in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

areasix

My question is
a) Do you have a local expert member on underfloor heating who would come out and look at a house that we are purposing to make an offer on when we get an offer on ours.
b) It has a real issue on the underfloor heating in the lounge with nearly all of the tiles sounding as if they want to break as you walk on them. The whole ground floor has the same heating system but this is the only room that has the feeling while walking on them. Could it be related to a leak from the upstairs bathroom directly overhead , new plaster board cut out gives this issue away possibiliy in the winter when the house was empty , leaking maybe into the tiles and damaging the tiled flooring.
c) Very vague on the system as i know nothing about them but there is a cupboard with a load of pipes going into a junction box , estate agent was as knowledgable as me and as it is a reprocessed house no one to ask.
Hope this paints a scene that i could get advise when needed
Regards,
Pat

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Visited a house for sale with underfloor heating in Crowborough , East Sussex in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and I'm looking for your experts' advice in a situation...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m hoping someone can help. in June 18 we had some tiles fitted to the kitchen and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Visited a house for sale with underfloor heating in Crowborough , East Sussex
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.