Guest viewing is limited

Discuss walked off job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
rotherham
agreed a day rate price 120 each two of us,1 two sided shower area and a little floor 4m2 .about 45 mins away from us, got there this morn .previous tiler had tiled 3 small floors . no grouting done approx 9m2, left all cuts out , bits of upstand missing.plus 2 kich splash backs to tile .the floor they want us to do is about 6 m2 in a wet room with falls to drain all to be enveloped, plus the shower wall
they want us to do it all for 120 each
now i was,nt happy wi 120 a day ,and dont know why i agreed to it
the wet room needs tanking but they wont agree to that, get some other mug

iam sick to death of companies extracting the urine, and it stops now ,
rant over:mad2:

Last edited:
P

puddle

Yeh,I bet they wanted you to do the floor as probably have not got a clue and not wanting to follow your advise proves that,they want to walk off with all the cream from the job and leave you with nothing and all the responsibility,tad unethical,they will end up with that bloke who has just walked off the 51/2 mil house in Cobham,they deserve each other
I would have walked and maybe kicked a few buckets on the way out,call back when jobs done and customer there,leave a card,think they will need you to sort some issues out
Time wasting,micky taking :thumbsdown:

nybor62

TF
rotherham
Never nice walking off a job, you should have negotiated a better day rate, for day works and talked through the tanking and other issues before starting, easy for me to say sat here I know.

i know what u mean alan , i dont do day work usually , and did,nt know another
tiler had started itso when i saw what he had left , the red mist fell.and they still wanted me to do it for the same price , as bart would say heat my shorts

G

Gazzer

I no how you feel this is why i am going to do this other job but i am really still on the fence. Just had a look at a job i priced for a small builder 2wks ago looks fine so will get that in.And see how i feel start training on new job monday.:thumbsdown:

No need to hang your trowel up mate, just keep the money coming in one way or another. Mixing with new people in your new job will probably throw a few jobs your way too........Sorry for thread Hijack

W

wetdec

agreed a day rate price 120 each two of us,1 two sided shower area and a little floor 4m2 .about 45 mins away from us, got there this morn .previous tiler had tiled 3 small floors . no grouting done approx 9m2, left all cuts out , bits of upstand missing.plus 2 kich splash backs to tile .the floor they want us to do is about 6 m2 in a wet room with falls to drain all to be enveloped, plus the shower wall
they want us to do it all for 120 each
now i was,nt happy wi 120 a day ,and dont know why i agreed to it
the wet room needs tanking but they wont agree to that, get some other mug

iam sick to death of companies extracting the urine, and it stops now ,
rant over:mad2:

Learned a long time ago not to price off top of my head..............Get a work sheet note down the items to be done and what the cost is give him a copy. Anything over and above is extra ..............

This works for both fixer and customer.........

Reply to walked off job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

rotherham

Thread Information

Title
walked off job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.