Discuss Wall Tiles Used As Floor Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

J

john anderson

Hi.
Just wondering if anybody has had any issues with a certain range of Johnson tiles.

It says on the box that they can be used on walls/floors but they don't seem very hard to me. They just feel and look like wall tiles

I have been back to few of the jobs where they have been used and I can see hairline cracks appearing on them.

They have been put down the same as we do any other tile with correct adhesive, grout and floor prep ect. Been doing this 16 years now and it's just this last 1 maybe 2 years that I started seeming this type of tile.

Thanks for any info, John

J

john anderson

The wording is misleading , it is Johnsons wall and floor tiles , as in they make wall and floor tiles but that doesn't mean the white biscuit tiles are suitable for floors.

Yeah these ones are sold as been useable on walls and floors. Homebase have them in the brochure as both.

Spoke to CTD lads today and they thought the same as me but said Johnsons say they are ok. They are really soft like. And like you said biscuity.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
The wording is misleading , it is Johnsons wall and floor tiles , as in they make wall and floor tiles but that doesn't mean the white biscuit tiles are suitable for floors.

They are saying there suitable for floors.
If you read the box it even says its suitable for kitchen floors!!.....unbelievable really.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
They are saying there suitable for floors.
If you read the box it even says its suitable for kitchen floors!!.....unbelievable really.

Naughty , I haven't seen those boxes.

How thick are these tiles. ? , I've used some BCT ones but they were 10mm and not some 8mm or thinner I have seen.

It's the ones that you can tell it just wall tiles I'm on about.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
[QUOTEI"DavidHoweTiling, post: 776885, member: 43777"]Naughty , I haven't seen those boxes.

How thick are these tiles. ? , I've used some BCT ones but they were 10mm and not some 8mm or thinner I have seen.

It's the ones that you can tell it just wall tiles I'm on about.[/QUOTE]

It's a difficult situation everything about them are telling you there a wall tile but on the box there saying walls and floors inc kitchen floors.
The ones I have seen are johnson 10mm thick white biscuit, B&Q sell them, wickes infact most of the sheds do.
Maybe they are fine to use on the floor but if you showed the tile to any decent tile supplier they would tell you its a wall tile.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wall Tiles Used As Floor Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are redoing our main bathroom and looking for a second opinion on tanking. We have bought...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB