Guest viewing is limited

Discuss want to get in to tiling what should i do??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

it must be a good feeling at the end of a job when you can look at what you have done must be great!!

:welcome:sam, as you say it is a fantastic feeling when you leave a job, knowing that your customer is delighted. To get comments from other trades, is also a bonus. To quote a very well respected member of this forum (Timeless John) this IS the best job in the world. Good luck:thumbsup:

A

aph257

Hi Sam, i started up in Jan, after doing all the family's and freinds houses, then did a 3 week course and learned how to do it properly. hind sight, i should have done it the otherway around so that all the family would have a good finish and you will have that satisfaction of a good job. But it's not easy out there at the mo, couple of weeks work then nothing for couple of weeks, so then out droping flyers thro letter boxes, must have done 5000 now and worn a pair of trainers out. but it does get work. I'm just breaking even now, but luckily i have other income so like "mikethetile" it's more of a vocation thing.

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome:Sam - I was going to tell you 'this is the best......' but Mr Hobson and many others have indicated that in their replies.
Many people from all walks of life think that this is a good career and a well paid occupation and they are 100% right - but its not for everyone!
I believe you have to have an eye for design, an ability to work to your own standards, and above all a desire to learn. And this is the perfect place to start
Within this forum are some of the most helpful people you need, ask a question and you'll receive many replies, look at the threads and you'll find all the answers - it's been requested before, but in the process you'll enjoy the knowledge and after a short course you'll feel you have your answer. At that stage there'll be more help on starting up.
Enjoy your stay.

Reply to want to get in to tiling what should i do??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
want to get in to tiling what should i do???
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.