UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss wash boy- expensive bucket on wheels or good value, time saving tool. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jwatson

I have been debating the purchase for some time but just cannot justify shelling out £65 on what is essentially a bucket and sponge.
i am hoping you guys on here would shell some light on your experiences with this piece of equipment, and weather it is A. a time saver and b good value. i was looking at this one on ebay, still not cheap but an alternative??
obvs thanks in advance for any help on this matter

B

bugs183

Re: wash boy- expensive bucket on wheels or good value, time saving to

The difference between a floor done with a quality washboy and a bucket and a sponge is immense.
Firstly the time difference with a wash boy you will half the time easily than washing by hand.
The grout joints will be slightly higher in the joint and neater.
There will be loads less grout residue left on the surface of the tile.
And it's just much much easier!

I really only use mine on floors, some guys use them on walls too.

That ebay one looked a bit plasticy, i couldn't tell if the rollers were metal or plastic, plus as Siramic says you have no sponges, just go to Tradetiler and get a Kahl Dahm Washboy, metal rollers (plastic break in no time), well made superb piece of kit.

I

Ian

I've had mine a few months now and it has been a great so far, it's a must on big floors, a massive time saver and gives a much neater/fuller grout joint. Just to add, it has also made me change my mind on Mapei UCP, it has made working this product much easier and gives a much better finish than washing off the old fashioned way.

I have had my Karl dahm for 5-6 years now. I didnt get the wheels stupidly but then again it could have rolled down someones stairs the tiny bathrooms Ive done work in.

One word....PEDALO....

You think £65 is a fair sum to pay, try £150ish for one of the Raimondi Pedalos. I cant WAIT to get mine.

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland

The pedalo does look good, but it is very large,(and very heavy when full) I would love one, but I know it would only get used on floors of 30m2+, I don't know how many floors of this size you do, but I would start off with a normal wash boy. I use a raimondi skipper, but the karl dahm gets lots of good reviews

D

Dougs Third Go

I use it on floors and walls. Thogh some clients like to see a slightly recessed grout line on the walls compared to a flatter grout line on floors for easy sweeping and minimum dirt entrapment so once ive gone over the walls I then rub in (point up). Finding a goof pointing tool is more of a problem.[/QUOTE]

nozzle from a silicone tube:thumbsup:

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

i have two Karl Dahm wash boys that i have had for a good 18 years ,i built two wooden holders on castors, one of them is still almost unused ,as i tend to just use the same one over,i would not feel that i was properly prepared to tile a pool without one !!, but i have a Burta machine from ramondi for big pool floors ..... it saves the knees lol......

Reply to wash boy- expensive bucket on wheels or good value, time saving tool. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.