Discuss Wasted day... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Had a builder i started doing a bit of work for last year call me last friday and ask if i could do a repair job for him before christmas...What had happend is 6 travertine tiles had cracked on a screed joint and needed replacing. This job was done 6 months ago by another tiler as i was to busy to do it...No uncoupling membrane was used hence the floor cracking with the movement..Well he asked the original tiler back last week to replace the cracked ones...but he dameged 6 more so now it needs 12 replacing :mad2: So he asked him to stop..He didnt have a Fein Multimaster :thumbsup:...Now the client is giving the builder grief as they wont it replaced by exmas. I couldnt get there yesterday due to the snow so i phoned him and he told the client we would be there at 8am today. So i arrived at 8am with the builder and his contacts manager to start...The client said he didnt want it done until the new year now..GRRR :incazzato:Well the builder said that i had made a special journey, juggled work around to get it done...He was not happy with them..What annoys me is why he didnt say this yesterday to the builder that he would rather it was done in the New year...Bloody Customers :prrr:

T

tfs

been working with my mate the last few weeks who's a plumber. He got a call last night from an old customer he had fitted a bathroom for. The customer was asking if my mate could come out (25 miles away) to repair a leaking valve next to the boiler. My mate said ok, I could probably get to you tomorrow morning (although we had alot of work to do) and the customer responded' oh no, thats no good cant you come sooner? I need this sorted. So, after calling the guy in the morning as we were heading through (with no answer) he got a text from this customer to ask 'can you come to us after 1800?'

what a joke, you offer to come out, ging out of your way as they make it out to be urgent and they pull a stunt like that.

Reply to Wasted day... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just after a bit of advice please. I had my kitchen floor tiled last week (porcelain...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wasted day...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.