Search the forum,

Discuss We will populate this advice area soon - Best tile shops and tile suppliers going? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We will populate this advice area very soon. I'm creating prefixes for every tile outlet in the country. And then threads for every one, including independents and smaller companies.

And we want to go visit some, and have them on first name terms.

We want to try and find the ones who advise correctly.

I need 20 questions that we ask them all to test their responses. See how knowledgeable they really are and whether they're advising homeowners correctly :)

D

Dumbo

I spoke to a customer to today who was advised the bct Laura Ashley are robust .
Is that an instant fail

O

Old Mod

I need 20 questions that we ask them all to test their responses. See how knowledgeable they really are and whether they're advising homeowners correctly :)

Requirements for tiling to heated floors on different substrates, Screed, timber, wet and electric.
How soon can you tile a new screed?
How do you tile to an anhydride screed, and how soon?
Do I need special adhesive for anhydride screeds?.
What are the correct preparation methods for liquid screeds?
Can I tile to 6mm overlaid ply?
How do I tile a plywood wall?
What make of PVA is best for tiling?
Can I tile to moisture resistant PB in a shower?
Is cement board ok in a shower?
Give them a bathroom plan and ask for the quants of tiles required.
Do I need to add extra tiles?
Is it easy to fit the tiles myself?
What tools would I need?
I have a new extension, some of the floor is new screed, some is floor boards, is it ok to tile it all?
If I have big tiles, it can be done quicker right?
Do some tiles cost more to fit than others?
I’m sure there’s another thousand you could ask. 🤣

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Those are the types we want! I'm taking a recorder too, so we can catch their first answer and them correcting themselves. Give them a chance like. But we will soon clock the awesome suppliers. And then those are the ones we want award little trophies too.

Until an association we know. Who just pay each other for their own awards they're giving themselves lmao.

Of course the main reason for this is to get us some traffic. But also push the suppliers who are genuinely good.

D

Dumbo

To be honest I hate tile shops specifying work because no matter how experienced they are they are relying on information given to them by amateurs. They should ask your tiler what he needs and after all if they specified what adhesive ,prep etc and it failed who is everyone going to point the finger at , you guessed it the tiler .

Reply to We will populate this advice area soon - Best tile shops and tile suppliers going? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen