Discuss week off for me in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

Over 2 years to come to court:yikes:, hope he gets just deserts though..

All the best Mike for the next few weeks.
thanks wb, it's 18 months since it happened, a lad hit my mate knocking him down then the lads girlfriend jumped on his leg breaking it badly, 2 months later alan had an embolism from his leg go to his lung and killed him, he was only 29. i hope they both get what the deserve

M

Mike

What scum like these get and what they actually deserve are 2 different things sadly. far too much fuss made about the human rights of the offender to allow true justice.
that's true chris, i felt it for a girl today bravely giving evidence against the accused then to get ripped apart by 2 old barristers for the defence. poor girl, it's no wonder that people don't want to give evidence in court

M

mikethetile

I was on a jury for a honour killing, 11 defendants and a 14 week trial plus two weeks in deliberation

yes courts are scary places and the barristers are like vultures, its all a game to them

it was a hard one to call, yes hey did it but what would you do to a paedo who was having regular sex with your 14 yr old daughter/ sister

the family got together and raised £20.000 odd and sent him back to Bangladesh to build himself a house and live like a lord for the rest of his life on the understanding he stayed away for good

two years later hes back in the uk and making contact with the daughter, this time they beheaded him

what would you do, you know they did it but would you find them guilty, did this peado get his just desserts, should all peados be beheaded

I would be interested to hear what you would do and then I will tell you the outcome

J

johnryan

the family got together and raised £20.000 odd and sent him back to Bangladesh to build himself a house and live like a lord for the rest of his life on the understanding he stayed away for good

two years later hes back in the uk and making contact with the daughter, this time they beheaded him

they should've saved the 20k and taken his head of to begin with. hope they got not guilty.

M

mikethetile

well im pleased that that others feel the same way on the trial I was on. there were afew of us that would have sharpened the knife for them so it was a hung jury, they werent found guilty or not guilty, there was retrial and it was hung jury again so they were released

sometimes the people get to deal out the justice, which is why serious cases go before a jury, yes murder is wrong but so is an uncle grooming his teenage neice for sex, they gave him a chance and he blew it. two wrongs dont make a right and they shouldnt have taken the law into their own hands but does sending them to prison resolve anything. is that better than the retribution they dealt out. it was a difficult descision but do you really send a 17 yr old abuse victim and her 50 yr old parents to prison for life or do you end their nightmare

we ended their nightmare

hope everything goes well in your case Mike and that justice is done

M

Mike

update: i just heard off allan's family that the guy has been found guilty of manslaughter and sent straight to prison. he will be sentenced july 15th. the woman has been found guilty of common assault. she's had a suspended prison sentence so is free to go. at least one's paying some price for this horrible crime. for those in the north west it will probably be on the news tonight.
sentencing was yesterday, here's a link Five years for Allan

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to week off for me in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi, Been lurking around the forum for the last couple of days and began to feel a bit...
Replies
Views
V
Just had a plasterer in to straighten my bathroom walls out, he used bonding plaster ( this...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
E
Hi All, Hoping someone can help. I've had rather a lot of work done on my property - inlcluding...
Replies
Views
A
Hello everyone, I am new to your forum and I wanted to say alrite to you all, so Alright??! :)...
Replies
Views
NewGirl?
N
B
Hi Guys, Just joined the forum a couple of weeks ago. I'm currently finishing my service in the...
Replies
Views
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
week off for me
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.