Wall and Floor Tiling Standards BS 5385 Part 1 and 2 Bristish Standards, ISO Tile Fixing Standard.

Welcome to TilersForums.com, the place to discuss all tiling standards whether British Standards in Wall and Floor Tiling, BS5385, or ISO European Standards for Tile Fixing.

Tiling Standards

Wall and Floor Tiling Standards for the UK: British Standards in Tiling.

Discuss Weight limit in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

If i can chip in without being chewed up ... standards are a suggested limit that is deemed to be safe... as a tiler you have to take each job at face value and decide if you are willing to go say that extra 2kg...

Now on another note .. PB these days is a capable of holding more weight than currently suggested in BS and B/gypsum will probs be upping that limit with some luck .

So before knocking back a job , think!!!!

ok just my 2 penneth, will shut up now ..

gamma38

TF
Bedford
If i can chip in without being chewed up ... standards are a suggested limit that is deemed to be safe... as a tiler you have to take each job at face value and decide if you are willing to go say that extra 2kg...

Now on another note .. PB these days is a capable of holding more weight than currently suggested in BS and B/gypsum will probs be upping that limit with some luck .

So before knocking back a job , think!!!!

ok just my 2 penneth, will shut up now ..
I totally agree Dave, but if you install a better substrate it's a win win all round i say. Plus you get the benefit of a bit of extra work, and a customer that recommends you on the basis of being thorough. :thumbsup:

gamma38

TF
Bedford
What if the customer will not budge... would you go 2kg over ... I would if i was ok with the substrate prep..
I see what your doing here :lol:, to be fair i wouldn't nowadays, as i said to deano i made my cut off point and i stick to it. Maybe sometimes to my detriment but most people round my way are more than happy to go with it once you explain your reasons. Plus if you prep it it usually ends up flat, not builder flat

T

The D

I see what your doing here :lol:, to be fair i wouldn't nowadays, as i said to deano i made my cut off point and i stick to it. Maybe sometimes to my detriment but most people round my way are more than happy to go with it once you explain your reasons. Plus if you prep it it usually ends up flat, not builder flat
I have to admire your inflexibility but in my humble opinion it is OTT hardi backer has been tested and it will hold four ton but they set a limit of 100kg so with your inflexibility if the tile come in at 101kg you have to walk away.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I have to admire your inflexibility but in my humble opinion it is OTT hardi backer has been tested and it will hold four ton but they set a limit of 100kg so with your inflexibility if the tile come in at 101kg you have to walk away.
I am not quite that inflexible but not far off. Everybody knows what you can do and what you can get away with and personal judgement etc but i just made a conscious decision to have a cut off point and that's mine nowadays. It just gives me an easy line to work with if i'm doing a rip out and don't know what's behind the current tiles, i quote the numbers to the customer and they either accept them or not before i even get the job :thumbsup:,

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Weight limit in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

L
Hello all, My in-laws are currently having their bathroom refitted (first floor) and having...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
R
Hi gys just a quick rant to vent my anger!! and ask for your help (wet room guys) After a long 3...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB