UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss weird email.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
had this strange email today.......
Hello,

I want to make an inquiry about placing an
order from you. The items are needed abroad,
can you please confirm if goods bought from
you can be paid for with a credit card and also
if items from your company can be shipped abroad?
Kindly get back to me if yes to both questions.

Kind Regards,
Nick

they must thing im a shop lol
got to be some kind of con......anyone eles had anything similar?

B

Bubblecraft

Not had one like that but get at least 2 emails a day similar to this, does my head in!

"Hi,

I am Deep, Business Development Executive. We are an Online marketing firm based Delhi- NCR in India and offers SEO, SMO, Web Design and Web Development Services.

I was surfing through your website www.coupleatools.com and checked it for a few keywords on Google. Unfortunately, it was not ranking well on any of those. As per the trends in your industry – over 80% of people search for your products/services online and buy the same. These rankings also influence other channels of sales as well.

In the current online market scenario, SEO (search engine optimization) is one of the popular services that are required for any online business. We are a leading SEO Service provider have team of 150+ professionals and 1800 sites optimized. We are providing top ranking in the major search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo.

There is a simple equation that is applicable to the online Business world.

Ethical SEO -> More Traffic ->More Sales

Just wondering, if you would be interested in getting the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) done for your website and improving the position of your website for the key terms your clients would be using to search your services. In case you require any additional information, it shall be our pleasure to furnish the same. No obligations.

Do let me know if you are interested and I would be happy to give you details about our past work details, methodology and pricing etc.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,
Deep
Business Development Executive
Sales Team
Email: [email protected]

Disclaimer: The CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited ****ography and Marketing Act) establishes requirements for those who send commercial email, spells out penalties for spammers and companies whose products are advertised in spam if they violate the law, and gives consumers the right to ask mailers to stop spamming them. The above mail [email protected] and we ensure you will not receive any such mails."

Doesn't matter how many times you email them to bugger off, they don't listen!

F

Fliselege

Cos I had my own company here, as everyone else self employed, my phone number and address was public property. I was phoned from America with money making deals, letters from all over with "buisness soloutions", never ending cold calls. The best was the Coca Cola company from Spain saying I'd won millions and millions in their lottery, all the wanted was all of my personal details, bank,Mums maiden name, all you'd need to steal identity, still got the letter. Sad thing is, some people actually fall for it. Since I got employed, nothing. No business letters, no cold calls, nowt.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I get bombarded daily with e-mails over ranking my website and how useful the information in my posts were. I can't forsee anytime in the future where someone will acyually actively follow my website and check back for updates. I may have a website but effectively it's a portfolio and business card. Just goes to show they never read the content of my site in the first place!

I used to get the emails about a king in Mumbai that needed to release millions of dollars of currency, and that if i could help him out to launder all this money he'll make me a millionaire. I mean really, do people actually fall for these scams? Everybody knows the currency in Mumbai is Rupees! ;)

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I get bombarded daily with e-mails over ranking my website and how useful the information in my posts were. I can't forsee anytime in the future where someone will acyually actively follow my website and check back for updates. I may have a website but effectively it's a portfolio and business card. Just goes to show they never read the content of my site in the first place!

I used to get the emails about a king in Mumbai that needed to release millions of dollars of currency, and that if i could help him out to launder all this money he'll make me a millionaire. I mean really, do people actually fall for these scams? Everybody knows the currency in Mumbai is Rupees! ;)

Oh booger is that one not real Ali, sod he seemed like a stand up guy to me.:oops:

R

RockCeramics

Got one as well
Reply-To: [email protected]

MIME-Version: 1.2

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:28:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Kind Regards,

Nick

keep away
scam!!!

M

Matt

Got one as well
Reply-To: [email protected]

MIME-Version: 1.2

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:28:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Kind Regards,

Nick

keep away
scam!!!
We get quite a few of these scams.

Once you have "quoted", they ask you to use their own shipping company. They say they will pay you £xx by credit card and you send a bank transfer to the shipping company for £xx

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to weird email.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi all, I'd really appreciate your guidance if any of you would be so kind. Apologies in...
Replies
Views
V
Hi all. Along with a full first floor refurbishment I'm building a wetroom in my property and...
Replies
Views
V
Hi Wondering if anyone can help.... I started work for a re-fit contractor on a hotel in january...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
R
Could you help young people learn skills for employment in construction? PT TUTOR to teach a...
Replies
Views
Rebecca Bowden
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.