Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss wet cutter problem in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

L

Little5

Hi, im doing a porcelain floor with 44 x 44tiles. the prob is that every time I cut using the wet cutter it breaks off near the end, almost all the time not leaving a straight edge. ive tried cutting slowly and putting pressure on both side without success. Ive also tried turning around half way through again this invariably causes it to break.

Any advice would be great, fyi its a new diamond disc.

Cheers

L

Little5

Hi chille, i firstly mark the tile using the dry cutter that way i get a guide line when using the wet cutter. and yes i use water in the wet cutter:smilewinkgrin:. Im also very careful to push the tile through uniformly cogniscant that twisting it in any direction is asking for mishaps.
There lies the problem cutting dry, mark the tile with a felt tip so it doesn't wash off so fast then offer the front edge up to the blade and slowly twist until the water line hits the rear mark then push thru without twisting. I think you are twisting the tile at the last 3rd and therefore causing the tile to split out

Reply to wet cutter problem in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
I searched but did not find an answer. I been advised to get a wet tile cutter, I plan to cut...
Replies
Views
Hello! I’m hoping I can get some advice on what to do in my kitchen RE wanting to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
O
    • Winner
    • Informative
So as a couple of you may be aware, @Simon Dale his daughter Katrina, and myself are on a...
Replies
Views
L

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
wet cutter problem
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%