UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Wet room advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

Hi have looked at 3 wet rooms in a house, one is downstairs onto a wet ufh screeded floor, not anhydrite. Customer wants wet floor, large tiles enveloped. Will need to create a fall with sand & cement that slopes toward the bottom wall and to the right so water flows into the drain hole. Know about tanking etc.. can you buy gulley drains that can be adapted for this application ? Obviously do not want to be chiselling too far down due to UFH pipes. if so any idea who stocks them?
Any input or ideas would be appreciated, thanks
The photo shows the drain hole stepped back in the right hand corner of the room, to the right of the partition wall that contains the shower controls.
Not sure what do do with the hole. will need to speak to plumbers

Attachments

• Wet room.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 36
  • photo.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

Company called Proforma, I have used their products before.Say they can make me a wet floor to fit the room with the correct falls incorporated, they will also make and supply a channel type drain.These waterproof boards are appprox 12mm deep.The walls will also be boarded with the same product.All joints are solvent welded then tanked.
Great product. As far as I understand there will be no need for the metal tray as the product can be fixed to the floor using a good flexi adhesive.

Attachments

• floor4ma.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 12
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wet room advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all In a kind of 'Payment' for all the advice i have got from here i have decided to do a...
Replies
Views
Hi all In a kind of 'Payment' for all the advice i have got from here i have decided to do a...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and after your advice and collective knowledge please? I am in the...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Wet room advice please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.